Kirsty(:2004
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Recently I received my provisional grades for my Highers (S5) and got A- English, B- Spanish, B- Art and Design, Modern Studies- B, C- French. I am a bit disappointed in my grades and wish I worked for another A. I want to apply for Politics and international relations and I was wondering if Glasgow uni is out of reach now.
McGinger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kirsty(:2004)
Recently I received my provisional grades for my Highers (S5) and got A- English, B- Spanish, B- Art and Design, Modern Studies- B, C- French. I am a bit disappointed in my grades and wish I worked for another A. I want to apply for Politics and international relations and I was wondering if Glasgow uni is out of reach now.
Talk to your teachers now.
Ask them what you can do to raise your grades (extra reading etc), and if they would make you higher predictions if, for instance, you worked like crazy over the summer and began to impress them in the autumn term.
Ototot
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi! I got into glasgow uni for history and politics with AAAC in s5 so you definitely aren’t out of reach and you meet the minimum entry requirements so if you have a good personal statement you can definitely have a chance at getting in! I honestly believe that my personal statement was the only reason I got In so make sure you have a good one. I got a conditional offer and this year I done 2 AH + 2 Highers
Last edited by Ototot; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (42)
27.1%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (14)
9.03%
No I am happy with my choice (88)
56.77%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (11)
7.1%

Watched Threads