The Student Room Group

Stress Managment

ok here is stress managment thread for all people who get really stressed out during exam,well basicly I'm one of them butterflies are fine but some take it too far so here is it
1-do good work 2 days before the exam

2-aday before do some work but dont extend it too far,basicly revise main points

3-don't wake up too early you will need that sleep just leave waking up to your self as if you woke up too early you'd stress your self more,and get addicted on doing more work if you get anything wrong you'd just feel like failing ...etc

4-when you wake up try some streching and eat good
drink some water they say it's most useful to eat alot of fruits before the exam because milk products and carbs need to be digested so more blood to the intestine and less to the brain while fruit will make you feel full,freshen up and basicly not to dehydrated

5-take a bottle of water with you to the exam

6-I find is beasicly a relief to try taking a breathe in and let is out while papers are being passed out

7-dont stress ut when you see the paper ,write your name and read the instructions so that you wont do something that may lead you to lose marks

8-if you didn't know a question right away leave it and move to the next
after finishing what you know go back to the question you didn't solve and try to read the question over until you get it

9-revise the paper by resolving questions quickly

10-drink water from the bottle whenever you get stressed or feel dry

well that is all from my experiance if any have something to add please be my guest :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
6-I find is beasicly a relief to try taking a breathe in and let is out while papers are being passed out

I find that one effective too.
Reply 2
Gaz031
I find that one effective too.

I usually cover my face with my hands and close my eyes while breathing in and out :biggrin:
If I'm in a Biology exam, I go through and do all the easier questions first, and if I'm slightly unsure about one I'll leave and and go back to it. I find that once I'm some way into an exam I'm much calmer so I can concentrate on working out the answers to the harder questions. It really bugs me when people work methodically through the paper!
Reply 4
~my english teacher wrote in our last assignment that 'no chocolate consumed during the exam period contains any calories' :wink: :p:
leopard
~my english teacher wrote in our last assignment that 'no chocolate consumed during the exam period contains any calories' :wink: :p:

choc rules :biggrin:
Reply 6
eurasianfeline
choc rules :biggrin:

lots of calories makes us fat..
choc= :eek: :eek: :eek: calories
I ate a 1010 calorie bar of Dairy Milk last Saturday. And yesterday I ate around 12 cookies and choc digestives! OOOOOPPPPPS!
Reply 8
SiAnY
I ate a 1010 calorie bar of Dairy Milk last Saturday. And yesterday I ate around 12 cookies and choc digestives! OOOOOPPPPPS!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: but a chocolate bar is alot less than 1010 cal :eek: :eek:
Reply 9
habosh
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: but a chocolate bar is alot less than 1010 cal :eek: :eek:

Its proberly one of those 1kg chocolate bar........lol

:rolleyes:
habosh

I mean one of those big ones! :eek:
Reply 11
SiAnY
I mean one of those big ones! :eek:

how big exactly :p: :p: :p: I guess snickers medium bar contains about 46 calories only :biggrin:
Reply 12
guest1984
Its proberly one of those 1kg chocolate bar........lol

:rolleyes:

must be...1 medium oreo cockies is 375 or something like that dont think any chocolate bar would contain more
Reply 13
~i'm not one to count calories in everything i eat...i enjoy the food [read: junk and chocolate] and 'wait and see'...in the mirror.

It cracks. :eek: :biggrin:
habosh
must be...1 medium oreo cockies is 375 or something like that dont think any chocolate bar would contain more

i love DARK chocolate...darker the better.

last time i found this 99% dark choc...my friends were so jealous hehe. :biggrin:
Reply 15
eurasianfeline
i love DARK chocolate...darker the better.

last time i found this 99% dark choc...my friends were so jealous hehe. :biggrin:

hehehehe...I try to put the stress into apples at least the glucose can be burned faster than choco sugars...and they are healthier and I love them more :rolleyes:though I'm trying to cut it down because I'm almost addicted :redface:
Reply 16
We're not allowed bottles of water in the exam room. Stupid school :frown:
Reply 17
habosh

3-don't wake up too early you will need that sleep just leave waking up to your self as if you woke up too early you'd stress your self more,and get addicted on doing more work if you get anything wrong you'd just feel like failing ...etc

I don't totally agree with this. I feel it's better to get into a routine of sleeping/waking up in the days running up to the exam e.g 11-7 or even 12-8. This way when the big day comes, you haven't been getting up at 10/11 everyday and you don't find it impossible to drag yourself out of bed....you'll find it quite hard to kick start your brain at 9am after having been wakign up at 10/11.

Be careful about sleeping late too, if you have been sleeping at 2am everyday, so your body is used to it, and you've gotta get up at 7 the next day, even if you get into bed at 11, it's gonna be quite hard to get to sleep quickly (the fact that you're not falling asleep may make you stressed also!)

Finally, know your optimal sleep time! For alot of people this will be around 8 ish hours (by no means everyone tho), I say stick to this for the days running up to the exam, don't under sleep/ oversleep too much, it's not neccessarily good for your body if you carry on staying in bed for ages, apart from the adjustment to 7 oclock waking up time as mentioned above, I've personally noticed my body feels a little hung over/groggy when i sleep too much.

Btw if you're having probs sleeping at night and you're physically in bed for your optimal amount of sleep hours, do some gentle exercises during the day ...infact do gentle exercise during the day anyway! It will work off the stress, and it'll cause your body to be a little bit more tired, so that when you sleep, both your brain and your body are ready to switch off.
Xulfer
We're not allowed bottles of water in the exam room. Stupid school :frown:

that's mean.
habosh
how big exactly :p: :p: :p: I guess snickers medium bar contains about 46 calories only :biggrin:

200g? :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending