Can I be a Model and a Uni student at the same time?

Watch
Luka<3
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I’m 16 and still in high school right now but in a few years I’ll leave for Uni. I want to study International Relations but I am also interested in modelling and plan to do it when I’m out of high school. Could I model and study at the same time?
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
yes
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Not if you are studying full-time. Why and what do you want to model? How would you manage being sent to wait around at casting calls and potentially going to photoshoots with attending lectures at uni, and getting your assignments, revision and exams done?
louisvbird
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I honestly don't know too much about the workload of being a model, however, I know a student who studies Veterinary Science (a particularly demanding course) and is a successful model, using her work to fund her studies. I'm sure it is doable if you are focused and have good time management and prioritisation skills.
Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Luka<3)
I’m 16 and still in high school right now but in a few years I’ll leave for Uni. I want to study International Relations but I am also interested in modelling and plan to do it when I’m out of high school. Could I model and study at the same time?
Hi!

I honestly believe it is completely possible to study and model at the same time. However, you will definitely need to plan ahead and make sure you have time for everything in order not to fall back on your studies. Personally, I think it would be beneficial for you to consider universities in places such as London, where you can be certain a lot of modelling opportunities will be available. If you are interested, here is a link to the main website of the campus in London: https://www.coventry.ac.uk/london/

Hope this helps.

Tereza
Coventry University
International Relations Student
Luka<3
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Thanks for the advice <3
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (24)
6.02%
Uncertainty around my education (45)
11.28%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (46)
11.53%
Lack of purpose or motivation (52)
13.03%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (20)
5.01%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (18)
4.51%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (41)
10.28%
Financial worries (27)
6.77%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (17)
4.26%
Exposure to negative news/social media (26)
6.52%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (11)
2.76%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (40)
10.03%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (32)
8.02%

Watched Threads