Ghostface6001
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I plan to do biology chemistry and history a level to of course get into medicine, do any unis accept only chem or bio? I heard some accept chemistry or bio and psychology too?
SubhanF
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Majority want chemistry , some want both chemistry and biology and some chemistry or biology
Ghostface6001
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by SubhanF)
Majority want chemistry , some want both chemistry and biology and some chemistry or biology
To be On the safe side should I do both? My GCSEs were good apart from a b in maths, so I need to apply very strategically
hungrysalamander
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Most medical schools requires biology and chemistry (except Cambridge, which asks for biology, chemistry+ maths/physics). So take both biology and chemistry to keep your options open. A small number of medical schools only require chemistry but that would narrow down your options by a lot. As for the third subject you can take anything you like apart from general studies or critical thinking.
a.plane
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Personally I’d do both as some want both chemistry and biology. Both subjects also have enough maths to show the unis u can do maths (FYI both subjects are pretty hard)

This might help to make your decision

https://www.medschools.ac.uk/media/2...hools-2021.pdf
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (33)
29.73%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (10)
9.01%
No I am happy with my choice (61)
54.95%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (7)
6.31%

Watched Threads