Ghostface6001
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Anyone know how I can get work experience for medicine? I want to get experience in dentistry and in medicine, any advice on where to look at or contact? Also do online count and any suggestion for online work experience?
hungrysalamander
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Online is a great alternative to in person placements due to covid so most medical schools will understand your situation. For medicine I'd recommend the BSMS course and a futurelearn course by the university of sheffield for dentistry. As for in person placements contact your local GP, Hospital or dentist by email or phone to see if there are places and send your CV and anything else they might ask for and wait to hear back from them.
amber0321
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi! I applied for med last year and I got work experience in a local dentist (GP practice wasn’t accepting people at the time) for a week, I just emailed them and asked if I would be able to shadow one of the dentists for a while and they said yes (this was pre-covid though)

During lockdown I did both the BSMS and ObserveGP online work experience and mentioned both at interview. I also did a few other online events in different specialities, including GP and psychiatry. Online work experience definitely counts as it still helps to prepare you for the course

Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (33)
30%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (10)
9.09%
No I am happy with my choice (60)
54.55%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (7)
6.36%

Watched Threads