I need help on my report/discussion

Watch
a.plane
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Ok so I have a 600 words report to do and saved it to the last minute. (I had 6 weeks to do it now I have 1 week) so I’m stressed, and to make it even more stressful it’s my first time writing one. FYI the report is actually more then 600 words it’s just the part I’m stuck on that’s is 600 words.

So we were given the year the thing started and a topic (the topic and thing are related) and were told to write a report on it. The part I’m stuck with is the year. We were told to write about the topic but weren’t told what to do with the year.

In the brief it was vaguely said that we are meant to talk about the developments. So i assume they want us to talk about the developments from the year?

Sorry if I’m not making sense.

Also I have a few more questions:

Is a week long enough to write a 600 words discussion?

We were told to specifically look at journals. Does that mean we can’t look at articles?
Also what’s the difference between a journal and article?

Any tips for writing a report?
SlaveofAll
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you focus exclusively on the essay, then a week can be long enough for 600 words.

An article can either stand alone or be part of a larger piece of literature such as newspapers or journals.

My only tip is to review and revise just to polish your article thoroughly.
andycaro
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by a.plane)
Ok so I have a 600 words report to do and saved it to the last minute. (I had 6 weeks to do it now I have 1 week) so I’m stressed, and to make it even more stressful it’s my first time writing one. FYI the report is actually more then 600 words it’s just the part I’m stuck on that’s is 600 words.

So we were given the year the thing started and a topic (the topic and thing are related) and were told to write a report on it. The part I’m stuck with is the year. We were told to write about the topic but weren’t told what to do with the year.

In the brief it was vaguely said that we are meant to talk about the developments. So i assume they want us to talk about the developments from the year?

Sorry if I’m not making sense.

Also I have a few more questions:

Is a week long enough to write a 600 words discussion?

We were told to specifically look at journals. Does that mean we can’t look at articles?
Also what’s the difference between a journal and article?

Any tips for writing a report?
Hopefully, you have completed the report, the year given will guide you to the project done in that year. The difference between a journal and an article is that an article is nothing but just a piece of writing on a particular topic, which along with other written material included in the books, magazines, newspapers, websites, blogs, journals, etc. Journal is a periodical publication in a specific field of study, which is often reviewed by experts in the concerned area. Journal publications are regarded as one of the highly honoured forms of publications, because of its high standards in reviewing and publishing. Hope have been helpful.

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (33)
30%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (10)
9.09%
No I am happy with my choice (60)
54.55%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (7)
6.36%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise