Caught from stealing from Tesco

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My friend got caught from stealing from Tesco the other day. It's not her first time hence when she visited the store she mentioned that they were watching her. She paid for some of her stuff with her card and managed to leave with things unpaid for (worth below £20). The security guard stopped her before she could left the store and opened her bag and took the stuff she did not paid for. Asked her to leave and never come back to the store and that he will call the police. He did not call the police while she was there but did took a picture of her (she had a mask on). What do you think will happen to her? Will they report it to the police? She's never been to the store in months and have heard no news.
Kelivesy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If they didn’t call the police there and then then they won’t bother. They took her picture so they can keep it near the security desk so she won’t be allowed in again. If she tries, they’ll stop her and probably call the police at that point. Unless they took her name, address and personal details at the time she was stopped then how could they possibly report her? They would t know who she is. Your friend should keep out of the store now and stop stealing. If she gets caught she will have a criminal record and it won’t look good on any job applications or college/university applications. If she can’t afford it she can’t have it. Why should other members of the public have to pay higher prices for their groceries because the store have to recover their losses from those that steal?!!
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Kelivesy)
If they didn’t call the police there and then then they won’t bother. They took her picture so they can keep it near the security desk so she won’t be allowed in again. If she tries, they’ll stop her and probably call the police at that point. Unless they took her name, address and personal details at the time she was stopped then how could they possibly report her? They would t know who she is. Your friend should keep out of the store now and stop stealing. If she gets caught she will have a criminal record and it won’t look good on any job applications or college/university applications. If she can’t afford it she can’t have it. Why should other members of the public have to pay higher prices for their groceries because the store have to recover their losses from those that steal?!!
Yeah, thats what i told her. Irregardless if she's going through a hard time, she should not steal and she came through. She paid some of the things using her contactless card though. Do you think they'll track?
Kelivesy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No because they are private details. They can’t track your details through your card number. Only the police or bank have authority to do that.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Why does it matter to you? Its her problem. If shes worried about the repercussions, she can do her own research.

Chances are that there will be little or no consequences for low value thefts.

What is up with her? She was aware that she was being watched because of her previous theft but still went ahead...!
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
My friend got caught from stealing from Tesco the other day. It's not her first time hence when she visited the store she mentioned that they were watching her. She paid for some of her stuff with her card and managed to leave with things unpaid for (worth below £20). The security guard stopped her before she could left the store and opened her bag and took the stuff she did not paid for. Asked her to leave and never come back to the store and that he will call the police. He did not call the police while she was there but did took a picture of her (she had a mask on). What do you think will happen to her? Will they report it to the police? She's never been to the store in months and have heard no news.
Get better "friends".
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (43)
5.79%
Uncertainty around my education (85)
11.44%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (79)
10.63%
Lack of purpose or motivation (95)
12.79%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (39)
5.25%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (42)
5.65%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (80)
10.77%
Financial worries (50)
6.73%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (32)
4.31%
Exposure to negative news/social media (46)
6.19%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (24)
3.23%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (71)
9.56%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (57)
7.67%

Watched Threads