Why the subject Textile Engineering isn’t included here?

Watch
Abdullah Samin
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I want to study Master's in abroad in Textile Engineering subject..Where can I find well opportunities and support systems as I belong to a very much low-middle class family
WazzWazz98
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Depends where you want to study op
Don't think there will be many opportunities in the UK at least
Because the UK doesn't really manufacture textiles anymore
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The Design technology forum encompasses all design engineering disciplines having said that this is a study help forum so i have moved your thread to the art and design unis forum.

Is there a particular country you have in mind? PQ might be able to help

(Original post by WazzWazz98)
Depends where you want to study op
Don't think there will be many opportunities in the UK at least
Because the UK doesn't really manufacture textiles anymore
Not necessarily true, a lot of companies are moving stuff back to the UK as pressure on sustainability and quality increases. A lot of these jobs are filled with people from abroad, mainly eastern Europe as there is a shortage of textile practical skills in this country. However these are quite low paid manual jobs and not really suited for someone with a masters.
There are jobs for textiles engineers with companies such as matalan or new balance but they do get a lot of applicants. Really for a graduate level job outsourcing shouldnt affect the job pool as it's unlikely they would be at physical manufacturing end anyway and whilst the outsourced work might unfortunately be in a developing country the head offices aren't necessarily.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (64)
22.61%
Excited but a bit nervous (127)
44.88%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.72%
I'm really nervous (56)
19.79%

Watched Threads