What is being pretty worth?

Watch
Gavin2016
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So could be either a girl or a guy who is pretty looking but for the moment I'll focus on a pretty looking girl just out of interest.

So say if a girl is pretty should she get more as a result as in a wealthy bf, her bf buying her stuff or guys wanting to get with her buying her stuff or getting a bf with better looks, personality, etc, etc or should she not expect to get anything for looking pretty as if it doesn't matter at all? even though to most guys it does.
Prettyfrock
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sometimes looking pretty is just natural in girls so why would she expect more from a bloke
Gavin2016
Rep:
?
(Original post by Prettyfrock)
Sometimes looking pretty is just natural in girls so why would she expect more from a bloke
Some girls look more pretty than others, towards the model looking end, say the 8-10 looks girls. Most of these girls seem to want more for it, but is that justified?
Gavin2016
Rep:
?
Take this example if George & Anfisa from 90 Day Fiance for example:

https://www.google.com/search?q=geor...42j0j7&client#
Last edited by Gavin2016; 1 month ago
OctoberRain7
Badges: 15
Report 1 month ago
You don't deserve anything for something that you can't control, looks included. Although people who look more attractive are likely to have a greater pick of partners and potentially more attractive partners, it's not particularly merited.
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Being pretty doesn't entitle someone to any extra perks, no. You can be completely ordinary and still have a more generous and/or wealthier partner than someone who is conventionally more attractive. If you're with someone like this it says more about the guy in the relationship than it does about the girl's appearance.
Last edited by sinfonietta; 1 month ago
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It depends on the context.
Modelling career, other employment, friendship, tinder or offline dating.

Being very good looking or sexually attractive can mean more attention and options- both positive & negative.
On the positive side: can significantly increase chances of high earnings a successful career in the modelling or entertainment industry, mean popularity as a potential hookup/casual date/sugarbaby, higher chance of being viewed as having a high smv as regards dating/marriage and greater chances of having the option of being a trophy wife.
The negative side is that visually attractive people are often the targets of jealousy, pests or malicious jerks.
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Gavin2016)
Take this example if George & Anfisa from 90 Day Fiance for example:

https://www.google.com/search?q=geor...42j0j7&client#
Where's the prettiness in your example?
That is an example of a fish faced woman with silicon boobs that had no inner beauty.
Plus an overweight drug dealer operating behind a medicinal cannabis front. He had the maturity of a 6 year old. He behaved in ways that made it nigh on impossible for any woman to be attracted to him.

Series One of 90 Day Fiance featured a Columbian and a Brazilian woman that both had more external beauty than Anfisa and far more inner beauty. The American men they married were good enough and compatible enough. Their marriages - so far - have stood the test of time. Unlike Jorge and Anfisa who divorced when he went to prison.
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There’s no doubt being good looking has some advantages and an initial halo effect that means you get the benefit of the doubt. Mind you, attractiveness is about looks, good personality and intelligence and if you hit the jackpot on all three you’ll certainly be able to get on
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (33)
30%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (10)
9.09%
No I am happy with my choice (60)
54.55%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (7)
6.36%

Watched Threads