The Student Room Group

Which should I study?

Should I study physiotherapy, osteopathy or both?
I have been injured and I have been to see both physiotherapists and osteopaths and they have both been inspiring and very helpful in different ways.
I was wondering whether it's wise to study both, so that one day I would be a complete unit of information help anyone with any needs.

Would I be able to fast track (for example) if I become a qualified physio, could I jump a year at uni for osteopathy
Hi there,

This really is a personal decision you need to make, and weighing out the pros and cons of the differing options would be a great place for you to start. Whilst it may have been inspiring when going there yourself, it's good to think of these potential careers by putting yourself in their shoes - is it something you could see yourself doing for a long period of time and actively enjoying it for the rest of your career? A joint degree is always a viable option for you, but again, it would only be of full benefit to you if you were to take both subjects further forward - whether that was being an osteopath for a period of time and then moving onto becoming a physiotherapist. It may be worth looking into job details on what is expected of you, what qualifications are expected of you etc. and see which one sounds more enticing based on that. Also, looking into different university degrees and seeing what interests you more based on the modules provided can be helpful in make an informed decision.

Hope this helps :smile:

Toni Bennett
Arden University Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending