The Student Room Group

Home Office - Asylum Decision Maker (EO)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I did my interview on 7th September for EO decision maker role so would expect at least another couple of weeks until they respond. I have also applied for the AO admin role so waiting to hear back from that also. The wait is killing me, I never applied for civil service jobs before and the private are quite quick at responding like within a day. I also want to work part time
Reply 61
Original post by Georgie2018
Hi, I did my decision maker interview 17th August and heard back 10th Sept to say I'm on the reserve list.I was scored 24 in total, what scores did you guys get?I also interviewed for the AO admin role in asylum so waiting to hear back for that, and applied for the other EO role that came up and still waiting to see if I make it to interview for that one.Fingers crossed I get somewhere with one of them.Good luck to everyone waiting to hear and on the reserve list 🙂

@Georgie2018 thank you for pointing out the feedback score, I hadn’t noticed this! My total was 31 and I have been offered a job, I wonder what the threshold is. Good luck to everyone still waiting!
Original post by Mamz15
I did my interview on 7th September for EO decision maker role so would expect at least another couple of weeks until they respond. I have also applied for the AO admin role so waiting to hear back from that also. The wait is killing me, I never applied for civil service jobs before and the private are quite quick at responding like within a day. I also want to work part time

Hi, have you had any response yet? 😊
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 63
Original post by Justine87
Hi, have you had any response yet? 😊

Hi, no response received yet I expect them to probably come back in another week with an offer maybe this Friday if we are lucky. I think I messed the interview up, I knew what to say but it all came out wrong due to being really Nervous. Oh well it will be good to get a response either way. Best of luck
Reply 64
@Mamz15 I’m still waiting too and like you I think I messed the interview up in a similar fashion. I’d just prefer them to let me know ASAP than stringing it out
Reply 65
I just received an email to say due to the volume of applications it’s taking longer than expected and that they will return with an update when it becomes availableHas anyone else received the same email?
Reply 66
Original post by Mamz15
I just received an email to say due to the volume of applications it’s taking longer than expected and that they will return with an update when it becomes availableHas anyone else received the same email?

Hi I also received the same email. Was wondering if I was the only one.
Reply 67
I emailed them 10 minutes before asking if there was a delay then that email came out.
Reply 68
I got the same email , how long is it gunna take fgs
Reply 69
@UFC1988 I know. I think it’s more frustrating as it’s not a delay for everyone only some people which is annoying!
Reply 70
I did my interview on 8th Sept. I received an email on Friday stating, due to the volume of applications the process is taking longer than initially expected and I will be updated when further information is available. My account is still showing “interview slot booked”. Has anyone else received such an email? I thought it might be a general email sent to all applicants but having read through various forums it appears people hear nothing until the decision, so not sure what to make of it. The anticipation is killing me lol.
Reply 71
@MCK.76 my account showed ‘interview slot booked’ right up until I was made a job offer - in fact 10 minutes before the job offer was made I got an email inviting me to another interview which was thoroughly confusing! Turned out to be a clerical error, it seems they’re not very good at updating the portal. Good luck with your application - fingers crossed you’re not left waiting much longer!
Reply 72
Original post by AWB84
@MCK.76 my account showed ‘interview slot booked’ right up until I was made a job offer - in fact 10 minutes before the job offer was made I got an email inviting me to another interview which was thoroughly confusing! Turned out to be a clerical error, it seems they’re not very good at updating the portal. Good luck with your application - fingers crossed you’re not left waiting much longer!

When did you take your interview initially?
Reply 73
Original post by UFC1988
When did you take your interview initially?

@UFC1988 I took my interview on Sunday 22nd August, job offer made Friday 10th September.
Original post by MCK.76
I did my interview on 8th Sept. I received an email on Friday stating, due to the volume of applications the process is taking longer than initially expected and I will be updated when further information is available. My account is still showing “interview slot booked”. Has anyone else received such an email? I thought it might be a general email sent to all applicants but having read through various forums it appears people hear nothing until the decision, so not sure what to make of it. The anticipation is killing me lol.

Hi , I’m in the exact same situation, really dying to find out if they’re gonna give me a job offer or just reject me. Can we apply to more than one civil service job - I don’t want them to withdraw the application if we apply to more than one role
Hey I’m in the exact same situation, and to be honest the wait is killing me. I want to apply for another civil service job aswell but I’m scared they might withdraw both applications!
Reply 76
@Shamiella apply for as many as you want, I had another application on the go for the Valuations Office when I applied for this role - I got invited to an interview but when I was offered this job, withdrew my application. There’s no detriment for applying for multiple roles across agencies.
I did my interview on 7 September and I’m still waiting to hear 😬
Original post by soapywater
I did my interview on 7 September and I’m still waiting to hear 😬

Same I did mine on the 8th and I just want to know the outcome asap 😬
Reply 79
Same here. I got invited to another interview now from another similar posting even and still haven't heard back from this one yet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending