A-Level results day to first week of uni

Watch
Throwaway927774
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi guys. So people finish their A-Levels in the summer right? They get their results the following August, and then they have a September - January window to apply for uni entry in the September of the next year? If so, aren’t they out of education for more than 12 months? What the hell are you supposed to do in that time?
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Throwaway927774)
Hi guys. So people finish their A-Levels in the summer right? They get their results the following August, and then they have a September - January window to apply for uni entry in the September of the next year? If so, aren’t they out of education for more than 12 months? What the hell are you supposed to do in that time?
No. Most people in the UK apply whilst they are still completing AL's. They prepare their applications towards the start of their seond year in sixth form and apply with predicted grades.

e.g. If you want to attend in September 2022, you need to apply between October 2021 and 15th January 2022 to be guarantee to be considered.

Some students take a gap after AL, they work, travel or just do whatever takes their fancy.
Throwaway927774
Rep:
?
(Original post by Admit-One)
No. Most people in the UK apply whilst they are still completing AL's. They prepare their applications towards the start of their seond year in sixth form and apply with predicted grades.

e.g. If you want to attend in September 2022, you need to apply between October 2021 and 15th January 2022 to be guarantee to be considered.

Some students take a gap after AL, they work, travel or just do whatever takes their fancy.
I am confused. Right now I’m about to start an Access to HE course, which say I’ll finish in about a year - say July 2022. Can you please walk me through my exact “journey” regarding uni applications?
Admit-One
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I am confused. Right now I’m about to start an Access to HE course, which say I’ll finish in about a year - say July 2022. Can you please walk me through my exact “journey” regarding uni applications?
If you'll be awarded your Access to HE in summer 2022 and you want to attend in September 2022 then it's the same application window as above.

IE. You need to apply via UCAS between October 2021 and 15th January 2022 to be guarantee to be considered. (You can apply after that date only if the course remains open to applications.)

UCAS > Applying to University
Throwaway927774
Rep:
?
(Original post by Admit-One)
If you'll be awarded your Access to HE in summer 2022 and you want to attend in September 2022 then it's the same application window as above.

IE. You need to apply via UCAS between October 2021 and 15th January 2022 to be guarantee to be considered. (You can apply after that date only if the course remains open to applications.)

UCAS > Applying to University
No - I’d finish the course in, say, July, but I’m assuming I may get my results in August like most people. However if you know about Access courses maybe you can correct me. So what if I get my results in August? Can I still enter uni in the September of that year?
Admit-One
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No - I’d finish the course in, say, July, but I’m assuming I may get my results in August like most people. However if you know about Access courses maybe you can correct me. So what if I get my results in August? Can I still enter uni in the September of that year?
Yes. Your timescales and application window would be the same as A-Level students completing that year.
McGinger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
How to Apply to University (UCAS) - https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/a...-to-university
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (12)
6.32%
Uncertainty around my education (21)
11.05%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (21)
11.05%
Lack of purpose or motivation (28)
14.74%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (12)
6.32%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (7)
3.68%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (16)
8.42%
Financial worries (10)
5.26%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (6)
3.16%
Exposure to negative news/social media (14)
7.37%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (6)
3.16%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (23)
12.11%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (14)
7.37%

Watched Threads