scarlettrobbo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey i’m currently studying maths psychology criminology at college and i want to go on to study psychology at uni however i know i want to go into the field of forensic psychology so i’m just wondering whether i should do forensic psychology as an undergrad instead of psychology or just do psychology undergrad and then forensic psychology postgrad? will the forensic psychology undergrad limit me or will work places not see it as credible as psych degree?
WazzWazz98
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Do a degree that is accredited by the British psychological society and you will be fine either way
Maybe if you narrow it down too soon you might not be opening as many doors

Especially as psychology has so many branches and you won't have explored them all in that much detail yet
Arden University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by scarlettrobbo)
Hey i’m currently studying maths psychology criminology at college and i want to go on to study psychology at uni however i know i want to go into the field of forensic psychology so i’m just wondering whether i should do forensic psychology as an undergrad instead of psychology or just do psychology undergrad and then forensic psychology postgrad? will the forensic psychology undergrad limit me or will work places not see it as credible as psych degree?
scarlettrobbo
As the other poster says, doing a course accredited with the British psychological society is the key thing. In terms of a general social sciences degree they are quite limiting, especially Psychology which is an area saturated with graduates. To become a psychologist you need to carry on to PhD study which takes ALOT of studying. As a general rule of thumb I advise students doing a standard social sciences degree to do a Masters in a particular trade like social work or teaching afterwards; there are a lot of psychology teaching jobs around compared to some other subjects.

There is a great article on forensic psychology here which may help - https://www.prospects.ac.uk/job-prof...c-psychologist

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador
micholate9
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
As long as your course is accredited, it won't matter which one you do.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (35)
15.02%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (71)
30.47%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (29)
12.45%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (20)
8.58%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (13)
5.58%
I think it's an unfair expectation (62)
26.61%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.29%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise