The Student Room Group

The Ultimate Room Decoration At University Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
i only have a mirror on my wall and my medals on my desk, its been like that since i started uni in 2008, and i suppose it will be like that for my final year too
Reply 41
I've been there 8 months, and i still haven't put anything up.......

Boring, I know
Reply 42
Probably along the lines of this:

Although, I'll probably end up putting up loads and loads of posters of Natalie Portman and Marilyn Monroe up :colone:.
(edited 13 years ago)
I have stuff on my pinboard - photos, postcards etc - but not on my walls.
The kitchen walls, however, are covered in a lot of random crap we've picked up in nearly 8 months, including, shamefully, our Christmas decorations. So lazy.
I'll probably put loads of photo's up, random gig tickets/notes/pictures from magazines, fairly lights, loads of blankets and pillows and stuff :smile:
Reply 45
Yeah, I have a huge amount of beer in one corner of my desk, cases of it, and then my 32 inch TV in the middle, and the xbox on the other side of the desk. Hopefully getting some surround sound to pimp out my room further.

Original post by DLJ

Impressive, if you can fit it all in to your room :P

Original post by DLJ

Impressive, if you can fit it all in to your room :P
my rooms not as homly as i would like (i have to share)

but iv done the best i can.
i dont have much space for posters.
but my pin board is full of memories, so are my shelves really [=

but next year it will be different. posters will be up. the room will be mine [=
Reply 49
Original post by heartskippedabeat
I'll probably put loads of photo's up, random gig tickets/notes/pictures from magazines, fairly lights, loads of blankets and pillows and stuff :smile:

Blankets and pillows on your walls? :lolwut: :colone:
Original post by DLJ
Blankets and pillows on your walls? :lolwut: :colone:

Yeah! I want my room to be like one big squishy bouncy castle :wink:

Haha no, I should've phrased that better, I just meant really pretty ones on the bed and floor and stuff. That counts as decorating right? :tongue:
I have a couple of posters up, and my pinboard is decorated with postcards and photos. I also have a painting of children's hands and feet (though it's hidden by the amount of books I've acquired >.<) and nice bedding :smile:. Nothing much, but I rarely take much notice. I mean, I am rarely here on weekends, and not over the holidays. Over the daytime, I am either in classes or sat at my desk working :/
You need:
Lots of posters (preferably with some Megan Fox thrown in there... Maybe a little Cheryl Cole too... :biggrin:)
A traffic cone (Or the hat you stole from a bus stop)
A collection of empty cans and bottles (Your trophies from money well spent)
Febreze (IF your a guy... Seriously, for some reason guys rooms smell BAD. Although We ourselves don't notice :biggrin:)
Lot's of photos from your nights out, along with the flyers and tickets from your night out (MORE TROPHIES)

You don't need:
A pumpkin that was once a halloween lantern... Seriously, my friend took one back to his room and left it on the mini fridge which is in front on the radiator when he went home for the weekend. On his return it had turned into some form of pumpkin soup... and not the good kind... Took him 2 months to get his room back to a tolerable stench level...

*You may have noticed, I tend to collect junk...*
Reply 53
Original post by heartskippedabeat
Yeah! I want my room to be like one big squishy bouncy castle :wink:

Haha no, I should've phrased that better, I just meant really pretty ones on the bed and floor and stuff. That counts as decorating right? :tongue:

Looool, I was joking :tongue:. I thought decorating just meant posters :cool:.
I have a load of photos up, and a big poster of the eiffel tower, and a wall calendar... and that's it. Everyone else's rooms seem to be much more decorated than mine is but it seems like too much effort.

Just remembered, I used to have a decorated wooden spoon blutacked to my wall but i left it at home this term :frown:
Reply 55
I have two things on the wall and that's it. Gonna wait until I move into my studio flat to decorate and make it look nice. Not worth it for halls.
I have 3 posters on my bedroom walls (Trainspotting, Blink182 and... Finn from Glee :ahee:), and a wee selection of club night flyers and photos and general memorabilia like concert tickets pinned up beside my bed. That's about it, really. I wish I'd brought a rug!
Reply 57
I'm off next year too! :biggrin: All I really have is a load of posters I haven't got room for at home. It'll be nice to finally have somewhere to put them, haha! ^^;
I'm pretty much going to put as much stuff on the walls as I can. I have a load of photos printed from snapfish.co.uk (you get 20 free prints when you sign up, and you can make the most of this with multiple email addresses) so I plan on having a photo wall. I've also got two sets of fairy lights I'll take with me. I have a load of cushions for my bed and I'm going to get some nice duvet covers. I'll get a couple of posters (my favourite is my keep calm and carry on one) and I've got lots of random decorative ornament type things also.
These are just a few pictures I've collected from blog browsing to inspire my uni decoration! The top one isn't very uni room-esque, I just really liked the clipboard idea for for pictures, photos, drawings, material, calendars, etc. Enjoy :cute:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending