The Student Room Group

cifas

i have been a victim of bank fraud.
my accounts have been closed.
how long my name will stay on.
can i complain to ombudsmen

Scroll to see replies

6 years unless it was a victim marker. What happened?
Reply 2
is like my life is ruined. nothing to look fwd too
Reply 3
Original post by RedGiant

what does victim marker mean
Reply 4
Original post by RedGiant

met someone on snapchat . he said it was trading u can make money.
he transferred money into my account and i was told to transfer it to different accounts
Original post by haaris04
met someone on snapchat . he said it was trading u can make money.
he transferred money into my account and i was told to transfer it to different accounts

Oh dear. Classic money mule situation I'm afraid. It’s a very common story that is lamented on these forums.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 6
yes that is what bank has told me.
but this person said it was trading
yes that is what bank has told me.
but this person said it was trading

They say that, but it's a front. That's part of the scam. Why did you create another thread?
is like my life is ruined. nothing to look fwd too

Get a prepaid card. It will be hard, yes since you have a cat 6 CIFAS marker (misuse of facility marker), but it's better than getting a prison sentence for money laundering, which can happen to money mules.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by LottieLot
Get a prepaid card. It will be hard, yes since you have a cat 6 CIFAS marker (misuse of facility marker), but it's better than getting a prison sentence for money laundering, which can happen to money mules.

Ngl id rather get 1 year in prison then a cifas cat 6 marker
Original post by struggler07
Ngl id rather get 1 year in prison then a cifas cat 6 marker

I suspect a criminal conviction for fraud is likely to have a more significant long-term impact on your life than getting a Cifas marker.
Can just see folk traipsing out of prison sentences now, missing teeth, holding their guts in, desperate for the spice, screaming "This was better than not having a bank account!" :tongue:
Original post by martin7
I suspect a criminal conviction for fraud is likely to have a more significant long-term impact on your life than getting a Cifas marker.

Oh agreed. It can bar you from the finance and legal sectors and certain jobs that require an enhanced DBS. If you're looking to become a doctor and you're convicted for money laundering, they won't be able to hire you since that sector expects you to be a trustworthy individual.
Original post by martin7

Yeah true it would but most criminal records get spent after 10 years
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by struggler07
Yeah true it would but most criminal records get spent after 10 years

Yeah that's still very lengthy. Having a criminal record plus no access to banking isn't a great thing. :/
Yeah that's still very lengthy. Having a criminal record plus no access to banking isn't a great thing. :/

Cifas marker is not a criminal record! Infact i had to do an enhanced DBS check to do voluntary work at a hospital! I was literally dying inside because I thought it would show up, but it doesnt, because its not a criminal record. Futhermore, apply to Suits me. “Suits me” is a prepaid card that chargers £5 a month but trust me, when you have no other option, even the worst is the best. Apply to it if you’re/ when you’re 18. They do no checks and literally give anyone a debit card :smile: they wont decline you!
Original post by TheLostStudent06
Cifas marker is not a criminal record! Infact i had to do an enhanced DBS check to do voluntary work at a hospital! I was literally dying inside because I thought it would show up, but it doesnt, because its not a criminal record. Futhermore, apply to Suits me. “Suits me” is a prepaid card that chargers £5 a month but trust me, when you have no other option, even the worst is the best. Apply to it if you’re/ when you’re 18. They do no checks and literally give anyone a debit card :smile: they wont decline you!

Charges*
Original post by TheLostStudent06

I didn't say a Cifas marker IS a criminal record...
I didn't say a Cifas marker IS a criminal record...

Oh my bad, but theres still some valuable information there for you

No it isn’t your right

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending