My GF asked me if I want an open relationship?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Long story short: I’ve come to visit my GF. She told me just before I came that she had met someone. Ever since I’ve been here, she and him haven’t spoken.

A few days ago she apparently talked to some other guy (a friend) who told her that maybe the solution would be to have a open relationship. Something I’m against.

Anyway, she told me she thinks we should.

I don’t understand why, has she got feelings for this other guy??
Theloniouss
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
She wants to leave you for this guy but is trying to avoid responsibility/be nice about it.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Your gf probably has little enthusiasm for a monogomous relationship.
So wants to have an open relationship which can include casual sex, polyamory and fwb type of arrangements.
It sounds like you prefer an exclusive relationship.
Always trust your gut instinct and listen to what your feelings are telling you.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Theloniouss)
She wants to leave you for this guy but is trying to avoid responsibility/be nice about it.
I see, but why has she been avoiding him and sleeping with me still? I don't get it
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Would you not feel more comfortable cutting your stay short and going home?
Askellad
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
She wants to cheat on you/break up with you without feeling guilty about it.
Final Fantasy
Report 4 weeks ago
Get rid of her. She's not serious about being in a committed relationship with you.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
When she's with you she realises she has feelings for you, but she's no good at being on her own. Distance relationships generally don't work
Celtic Conjurer
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
She wants to have her cake and eat it and basically wants to cheat on you without it being seen as cheating. Dump her fast.
Anonymous #3
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Long story short: I’ve come to visit my GF. She told me just before I came that she had met someone. Ever since I’ve been here, she and him haven’t spoken.

A few days ago she apparently talked to some other guy (a friend) who told her that maybe the solution would be to have a open relationship. Something I’m against.

Leave her King...She'll probably cheat when you're gone...
twinklelittlstar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
hey there, why don't u try speaking to her about it? get your feelings and opinions across. maybe she's just physically attracted to the guy, maybe she does actually have feelings for him and sees in the guy a potential future partner. it's important to know where this urge to have an open relationship is coming from, I think, if you want to understand her and try to continue the relationship. it seems like you're not comfortable w her proposal, and it's okay. don't go forward w it if you're not sure. if she does want an open relationship but u don't, it's time to reconsider the relationship.
YaliaV123
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I would just block her and move on.
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

She has told you that she has met another guy. Why do you not have the self respect to dump her rather than visit her.

This is even before the open relationship request which is a request for licensed cheating.

She is a poor emotional investment and not sustainable. Write her off.
Last edited by Rakas21; 4 weeks ago
Nocare
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

Dump the silly slut she wants to be a c u m dumpster
Allie4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
yeah obviously. she either wants to cheat or has cheated and in order to save herself shes proposing having an open relationship, that way she can't be accused of cheating AND shes allowing you to be with others as well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (70)
22.95%
Excited but a bit nervous (135)
44.26%
Not bothered either way (37)
12.13%
I'm really nervous (63)
20.66%

Watched Threads