Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m entitled to free NHS dental care because I’m under 19 and in FT education. However, I’ve now finished A-Levels and won’t be starting university until September so am I ineligible? I usually have to fill out a form that asks for my educational establishment but I don’t know what this would be now.
Hellllpppp
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think you are ineligible, my dentist got my appointment in last week before my 18th birthday (i’ve also just finished college). University doesn’t count as full time education unfortunately. If you really need to go I would put the college you just left (but I’m not an expert I just think if you put the uni it won’t help).
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m entitled to free NHS dental care because I’m under 19 and in FT education. However, I’ve now finished A-Levels and won’t be starting university until September so am I ineligible? I usually have to fill out a form that asks for my educational establishment but I don’t know what this would be now.
It is my interpretation that you are still technically a pupil at the school and you are until the end of august (e.g. child benefit continues until 31st of August, I know it depends on other factors but still). I would say you are still part of whatever school or college you attended this year?
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You are still considered a student of further education until 31st August as pointed out already, so you are still eligible for free dental treatment for now. This will cease once you start university.
lucyyy12
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
pretty sure you’re not eligible sorry.
you’re not in compulsory education anymore.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (42)
27.1%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (14)
9.03%
No I am happy with my choice (88)
56.77%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (11)
7.1%

Watched Threads