The Student Room Group

At what age do you think of getting married?

Scroll to see replies

Whatever age i am when the right person comes along
Reply 21
Fair enough. Will PM later. In Sha Allah.
Original post by Anonymous
Aww why not?

I have a lot of dating dealbreakers, don't agree with divorce and have a long family history of going through early menopause before the age of 40.
When you're ready years old
I'm 18. I think living alone sounds very appealing, so I don't think I want to get married.

So I don't get a bunch of replies like "you're so young! you'll change you mind when you get older," I am aware that I might change my mind. I could get married one day, but at the moment it sounds ... over-hyped? Unnecessary? I don't see the appeal. And I don't want to share a bed with anyone.
25. i want to be married young
Original post by Tammie2345524
I'm 18. I think living alone sounds very appealing, so I don't think I want to get married.

So I don't get a bunch of replies like "you're so young! you'll change you mind when you get older," I am aware that I might change my mind. I could get married one day, but at the moment it sounds ... over-hyped? Unnecessary? I don't see the appeal. And I don't want to share a bed with anyone.

last point is a big mood
Original post by shooonthebeat
I honestly don't know if I'll ever get married and if I do then it definitely won't be any time soon. I'm 22 rn and I probably wouldn't get married till my late twenties or even 30+. Also I'd prefer to be in a polyamorous relationship. Ik in my religion (I'm Muslim) we're allowed 4 wives but my only issue with that is that it may be harder to have a family in a polyamorous relationship.

Assuming that you are a guy, polygamy is a tradition that is legal in many non-european countries.
Mostly within Africa and Asia.
The expense of financially providing for each household, buying several homes and maintaining each family must be huge for polygamous guys.
In the words of Whoopi Goldberg: "I don't want someone living in my house" :tongue:
Original post by londonmyst
Assuming that you are a guy, polygamy is a tradition that is legal in many non-european countries.
Mostly within Africa and Asia.
The expense of financially providing for each household, buying several homes and maintaining each family must be huge for polygamous guys.

Yes I'm a guy and yeah I can imagine it would be quite costly but several homes may not be necessary. However, I wouldn't expect to be the traditional "provider". I think men being providers is a bit of an outdated belief. Although I agree with it to some extent, I believe everyone within the relationship should contribute and work together rather than having to rely on one person to handle it all.
I think 25–28 is best age to marry.
My 'ideal' age to marry would be on average mid-late twenties to early thirties
Original post by shooonthebeat
Yes I'm a guy and yeah I can imagine it would be quite costly but several homes may not be necessary. However, I wouldn't expect to be the traditional "provider". I think men being providers is a bit of an outdated belief. Although I agree with it to some extent, I believe everyone within the relationship should contribute and work together rather than having to rely on one person to handle it all.

Most of the women who want to be involved in polygamy are quite traditionalist.
In terms of wanting to be stay at home tradwives, always comply with religious customs and follow family traditions.
I have met some professional women in their late 20s-early 30s who claim to have opted for polygamy to the horror of their parents because they wanted to be independent career women with a part time husband.

Brigham Young may have taken polygamy to the limit with his 55 wives.
But more recent polygamists seem to prefer over a dozen, the King of Swaziland has 15 and Rulon Jeffs had 19 polygamous wives.

Sorry for derailing your thread OP.
(edited 2 years ago)
In terms of wanting to be stay at home tradwives, always comply with religious customs and follow family traditions.
I have met some professional women in their late 20s-early 30s who claim to have opted for polygamy to the horror of their parents because they wanted to be independent career women with a part time husband.

But more recent polygamists seem to prefer over a dozen, the King of Swaziland has 15 and Rulon Jeffs had 19 polygamous wives.

Holy ****, 55 wives? That would be hell 💀
Even 15 or 19 is too much imo.

Tbh currently I'm just in a mindset which prefers polyamorous relationships but idk if that's realistically the right thing for me in the long run. I have been more monogamous in the past and honestly just prefer polygamy. I'd have to think about it a lot more before committing to any big decisions.
Been married to the money since I was born, so 0 I guess.
22/23 sounds nice to me.

I'm 21 atm.

Though of course, I can't predict my future :smile:

Londonmyst how on earth do you know so much about polygamy?😂
24, idk.
Original post by Anonymous
Londonmyst how on earth do you know so much about polygamy?😂

I grew up surrounded by religious eccentrics and fringe activists.
Some friends have a large number of relatives that practice polygamy or polyandry overseas.
A friend's polyandrous mother has been married five times, never divorced and has three surviving husbands.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending