The Student Room Group

Someone stole my new iPhone 12 pro max :(

I’m so sad it’s been three days since I’ve last saw my phone . Reported to HM ( as I lost it there ) also , reported to police . Thought I didn’t have Find my phone but when I checked on my old iPhone I was able to locate its whereabouts , told the police this but they said this evidence isn’t valid as it could be anywhere I understand , but the way they made it sound it’s like as if they are not bothered To even check the cameras and check who it is they told me to wait as it is open up as an investigation but I’m getting scared they are just going to close it and say they already checked and there is nothing To do about it . Right now I’m keeping an eye out if the location changes . But I’m losing hope . I had a dream where I found it maybe this counts as manifestation . But I don’t want to blame the police but if they aren’t bothered then I will start to doubt their work ethic and how loosely thefts are about - also online said police can track down using imei number or something why haven’t they asked me about it ?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by cappuchino
I’m so sad it’s been three days since I’ve last saw my phone . Reported to HM ( as I lost it there ) also , reported to police . Thought I didn’t have Find my phone but when I checked on my old iPhone I was able to locate its whereabouts , told the police this but they said this evidence isn’t valid as it could be anywhere I understand , but the way they made it sound it’s like as if they are not bothered To even check the cameras and check who it is they told me to wait as it is open up as an investigation but I’m getting scared they are just going to close it and say they already checked and there is nothing To do about it . Right now I’m keeping an eye out if the location changes . But I’m losing hope . I had a dream where I found it maybe this counts as manifestation . But I don’t want to blame the police but if they aren’t bothered then I will start to doubt their work ethic and how loosely thefts are about

how did you lose a brand new phone :rofl:
Original post by cappuchino
I’m so sad it’s been three days since I’ve last saw my phone . Reported to HM ( as I lost it there ) also , reported to police . Thought I didn’t have Find my phone but when I checked on my old iPhone I was able to locate its whereabouts , told the police this but they said this evidence isn’t valid as it could be anywhere I understand , but the way they made it sound it’s like as if they are not bothered To even check the cameras and check who it is they told me to wait as it is open up as an investigation but I’m getting scared they are just going to close it and say they already checked and there is nothing To do about it . Right now I’m keeping an eye out if the location changes . But I’m losing hope . I had a dream where I found it maybe this counts as manifestation . But I don’t want to blame the police but if they aren’t bothered then I will start to doubt their work ethic and how loosely thefts are about

the best thing to do is post about it on a student forum.....oh wait you have!
Realistically the police cant do a lot with petty theft unless its open & shut.

The phone is probably switched off and will be sold at a market or something to some unwitting consumer, stripped for parts or sold abroad.

I would of course follow up on the CCTV footage, find my iphone etc. but it's probably gone.
*shrug* Like they say, they can't use Find My Phone data that way, it's too unspecific.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending