elliexlou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
What are some things that I can do over year 12 summer to add on to my personal statement that will allow me to stand out to my unis? Things that make unis want you , things that make you different to other applicants etc..
WazzWazz98
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
volunteering, work shadowing......ideally something related to your uni course choice
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What subject and what kinda unis are you targeting?
brionyvj
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
online courses- i did a futurelearn course and enjoyed it. ask teachers and look at uni course websites for reading lists and read important chapters. watch documentaries about the subject and more specifically, take into account what you learn from it
elliexlou
Rep:
?
(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
What subject and what kinda unis are you targeting?
Unsure about the course at the moment so want to see if i can do any generic things i can apply to any course.. and russel groups!
elliexlou
Rep:
?
(Original post by brionyvj)
online courses- i did a futurelearn course and enjoyed it. ask teachers and look at uni course websites for reading lists and read important chapters. watch documentaries about the subject and more specifically, take into account what you learn from it
Thanks so much! For the further reading, how did you go about getting the resources etc?
brionyvj
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by elliexlou)
Thanks so much! For the further reading, how did you go about getting the resources etc?
To physically get the stuff I usually just purchased the books off Amazon- although that can be expensive. My teachers have said they give out books they have so definitely check with them to save some money, and eBay and depop have second hand stuff, which may have annotations but in my opinion thats even better
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You only really can do things that are related to your course that will make any difference. Doing generic volunteering/getting a job etc. won't make any difference for an academic subject
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (18)
28.13%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (5)
7.81%
No I am happy with my choice (37)
57.81%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (4)
6.25%

Watched Threads