The Student Room Group

Rejected from unis but want to apply for another course instead

I applied for a course at UCL, Kings and LSE but did t get in and they were my top choices. I have achieved higher than the grades required for the course but my downfall was the entrance exam for law. I still really want to study at these 3 unis even if it means applying for another humanities course. I’m not sure whether to wait till results day to call as I don’t know if spaces would have gone by then or if they’ll even pick up the phone (kings don’t even have an admissions telephone number). Or I’m not sure if I should email them now asking whether I can apply for another course, especially as I can see that the courses I’m interested in don’t have any vacancies at the moment (all offers have gone out for them). What should I do?
Take a year out, work on writing mini-essay to time, retake LNAT and reapply next year.
The chances of there being Law places in Clearing at any of the top London Unis this year are zero.
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
Take a year out, work on writing mini-essay to time, retake LNAT and reapply next year.
The chances of there being Law places in Clearing at any of the top London Unis this year are zero.

I have already taken a gap year, will not do so again if I'm honest. I don't mind studying another humanity as I enjoy most of the humanities. Hence why I wanted to know if its possible to get places at unis like LSE, UCL and Kings for history, politics etc even though the already rejected you for another subject
Original post by jisakat
I have already taken a gap year, will not do so again if I'm honest. I don't mind studying another humanity as I enjoy most of the humanities. Hence why I wanted to know if its possible to get places at unis like LSE, UCL and Kings for history, politics etc even though the already rejected you for another subject

Its unlikely but you can always phone on Results Day morning.
Reply 4
Bump
Original post by jisakat
I applied for a course at UCL, Kings and LSE but did t get in and they were my top choices. I have achieved higher than the grades required for the course but my downfall was the entrance exam for law. I still really want to study at these 3 unis even if it means applying for another humanities course. I’m not sure whether to wait till results day to call as I don’t know if spaces would have gone by then or if they’ll even pick up the phone (kings don’t even have an admissions telephone number). Or I’m not sure if I should email them now asking whether I can apply for another course, especially as I can see that the courses I’m interested in don’t have any vacancies at the moment (all offers have gone out for them). What should I do?

The main application cycle closes on 30th June. You can't apply to new courses if you have already used all five of your UCAS choices. It's very unlikely any of your previous choices will look at you for another course if they have already made a decision on your application.

That said, if you are holding no offers, (or decline the ones that you have). You can use UCAS Extra to apply for courses that are still open.

If you exceed a Firm offer, you can look at Adjustment.

Clearing will be very hit and miss as to what courses will be available although you sound quite flexible.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending