My boyfriend wanted me to paint his nails

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Last year my boyfriend wanted his nails painted for a laugh so I painted them for him but he actually liked them. His dad was angry and kept saying straight guys don't have their nails painted and stuff. That upset him but he doesn't see his dad anymore.

Earlier he randomly asked if I could paint them so I did. He asked me not to tell anyone because he thinks his mates would laugh at him, I've told him I won't but I told him to ignore people who judge him.

I was on face time with my friend and my boyfriend accidentally showed her his hand. My friend then started asking if he's bisexual or gay and he said no then she said he definitely is.

Why are people like this? It's his choice and he already isn't very confident because he doesn't want to be judged
brionyvj
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
People are just very close minded and think having taste means you're gay or something. Ignore them, tell him to too. Lots of people now find Boys with painted nails very attractive (ik i do) so i wouldn't worry
_kvymnnn
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Your friend seems a bit close minded
username5789006
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
What colour do you paint them?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by brionyvj)
People are just very close minded and think having taste means you're gay or something. Ignore them, tell him to too. Lots of people now find Boys with painted nails very attractive (ik i do) so i wouldn't worry
Thank you

I hate when people Judge him because it's his choice and idc if he wants painted nails as long as he's happy.
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Last year my boyfriend wanted his nails painted for a laugh so I painted them for him but he actually liked them. His dad was angry and kept saying straight guys don't have their nails painted and stuff. That upset him but he doesn't see his dad anymore.

Earlier he randomly asked if I could paint them so I did. He asked me not to tell anyone because he thinks his mates would laugh at him, I've told him I won't but I told him to ignore people who judge him.

I was on face time with my friend and my boyfriend accidentally showed her his hand. My friend then started asking if he's bisexual or gay and he said no then she said he definitely is.

Why are people like this? It's his choice and he already isn't very confident because he doesn't want to be judged

Careful OP

I wouldn't be surprised if your "straight" bf came out as gay at a later date...
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ANM775)
Careful OP

I wouldn't be surprised if your "straight" bf came out as gay at a later date...
He is straight.
Katya_93
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I went through a phase where I thought men painting their nails black was really hot.
Same time I went through the guyliner and emo hair phase.
Now I still like the longish hair but not so into men wearing nail polish.

Whatever makes him happy.
Last edited by Katya_93; 4 weeks ago
Anonymusy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Some straight guys do paint their nails like some rocks stars do don't know their names though. Doesn't Macaulay Culkin (guy who was Kevin in first few home alone movies) paint his?
Anonymous #1
Exactly, it annoys me when people say straight guys can't because it's up to the guy and if he's happy
Justaboutalive
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
okie
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
I paint my nails pink and I'm a guy but then again I'm gay. What colour does he paint his.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (69)
22.77%
Excited but a bit nervous (135)
44.55%
Not bothered either way (37)
12.21%
I'm really nervous (62)
20.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed