Do year 10 Mocks get used for sixthform

Watch
Araiba786
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
As year 10 we have missed so much content which is a bit worrying if mocks get used for sixthform
Squiggles1238
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No, sixth form/colleges will look at your actual GCSE predicted grades. The mocks may influence these but its not the deciding factor
Araiba786
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Squiggles1238)
No, sixth form/colleges will look at your actual GCSE predicted grades. The mocks may influence these but its not the deciding factor
Oh okay thank you do they lower ur predicted grade based on 1 mock even if u were better in all previous assessments 😂😭
Squiggles1238
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Araiba786)
Oh okay thank you do they lower ur predicted grade based on 1 mock even if u were better in all previous assessments 😂😭
I wouldnt assume so
It varies on a school to school basis but my school gave our predicted grades (to give to colleges) based off of our SATS in year 6 which is crazy
thrivingfrog
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm pretty sure it's like averaged out so say you got like 7s in like 3 assessments and then you got a 4 in one that's a minority so you'd probably stay at a 7 and it shouldn't really affect you so you should be fine
lizloe
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
As year 10 we have missed so much content which is a bit worrying if mocks get used for sixthform
Ermm, I think you're good. You still have year 11 next year, so they will only care about your GCSE grades. If you would've missed the whole of Year 11 this or even last year, things could've been different but you're good, don;t worry
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (33)
30%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (10)
9.09%
No I am happy with my choice (60)
54.55%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (7)
6.36%

Watched Threads