The Student Room Group

I'm f***ing sick of my relative

So my relative is hosting their bday party at a restaurant. My dad who has had heart-attacks is the one thats organising the whole thing. I also helped out with creating invitations and helping my dad choose the restaurant.

The party was going to be a total of 24 guests but because of the rules the guest list has to been reduced to 12 people. The other 12 people will be going next week at the same restaurant to celebrate

My dad and I suggested to each other that the party for that relative should be postponed for a later date in the year. To me it would make sense as covid rules may have changed around then and plus we would see the whole family & friends.

I was mainly thinking about my dads health because he has been extremely stressed at work as well as organising this thing for that relative.

Anyway that relative has been very 'demanding' and that 'everything must happen right now'. So the relative has decided to have two celebrations rather than postponing the party.

That relative knows about my dads heart attacks but doesn't seem to understand about my dads health.

That relative doesn't f***ing understand that there is still a bloody pandemic going on either.

I understand their decision but I just find it an inappropriate time to organise a bloody bday party.

Whats your opinion? Thanks
Reply 1
That does sound pretty annoying tbh. If it’s not a surprise party why doesn’t the relative plan it themself?
All this 'relative' business, if it's your sibling just say so.

You sound irrationally angry. The 'relative' hasn't done anything wrong. From what you've said they have kept numbers within the rules. Whether they have 2 parties is nothing to do with you. Yes, they could postpone but it doesn't seem they want to and why should they when they can just abide by the rules which they are doing?
As far as dad's health is concerned, why is he tasked with planning the party if he is so ill? isn't there anyone else who can help with planning? mum? an uncle? friends? quite frankly it makes no difference whether the party is now or next year, if he's had 'several' heart attacked then he's not fit to be organising a party.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending