Qwer7869
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I got a d on my mock for chemistry and most likely predicted c so I got aac predicted, I looked at the eligibility for access and I am able to get it. So will I get offers for unis and does anyone know which uni for dentistry will most likely accept me for access? Also will I be disadvantaged such as if a uni wants to give me and someone an offer,but I got lower grades even if I got access will they choose the other person? I just won’t meet the entry requirements due to my chem grade to put on my ucas application and my teacher was suing to choose a backup bu to want to do dentistry! And I don’t know how to get access
McGinger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What do you mean by 'Access' .....?
Qwer7869
Rep:
?
(Original post by McGinger)
What do you mean by 'Access' .....?
Some students from low family income and ethnic minority the uni can lower the grades for entry requirements so say for Leeds uni the requirements for dentistry is AAA if u have access u can get a ABB as predicted grade, it only applies to some ppl
McGinger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Qwer7869)
Some students from low family income and ethnic minority the uni can lower the grades for entry requirements so say for Leeds uni the requirements for dentistry is AAA if u have access u can get a ABB as predicted grade, it only applies to some ppl
A contextual offer is what you mean. Each University uses different criteria - but there is still no guarantee of an offer, especially for something as competitive as Dentistry.
Qwer7869
Rep:
?
(Original post by McGinger)
A contextual offer is what you mean. Each University uses different criteria - but there is still no guarantee of an offer, especially for something as competitive as Dentistry.
So does that mean I need to get AAA for a better guaranteed offer? As I’m aware of course it depends on ucat and interview as well
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
So does that mean I need to get AAA for a better guaranteed offer? As I’m aware of course it depends on ucat and interview as well
A minimum of AAA is what you’ll need for most dental schools (some are A*AA), so if you can’t get this predicted, you’ll need to take a gap year and apply with achieved grades.

If you are eligible for contextual offers, take a look at this link which highlights which schools take “gateway” or contextual offer applicants. https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...dental-courses
Note: foundation courses are for people with correct grades but wrong subjects, they are for students with lower grades.
Last edited by Mesopotamian.; 1 month ago
Qwer7869
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mesopotamian.)
A minimum of AAA is what you’ll need for most dental schools (some are A*AA), so if you can’t get this predicted, you’ll need to take a gap year and apply with achieved grades.

If you are eligible for contextual offers, take a look at this link which highlights which schools take “gateway” or contextual offer applicants. https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...dental-courses
Note: foundation courses are for people with correct grades but wrong subjects, they are for students with lower grades.
Hi yes I’m eligible for contextual offers, so would I be able to pass the entry requirements for a lower grade. Also do they only accept entry requirements of some ppl with contextual offers even if it applied to me for most of the reasons for getting access? I’m abit confused how it works as i know no one is guaranteed an offer even if they got the entry requirements as it’s also based of personal statements,
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi yes I’m eligible for contextual offers, so would I be able to pass the entry requirements for a lower grade. Also do they only accept entry requirements of some ppl with contextual offers even if it applied to me for most of the reasons for getting access? I’m abit confused how it works as i know no one is guaranteed an offer even if they got the entry requirements as it’s also based of personal statements,
Im not really sure what you’re asking here. If you have the minimum entry requirements they require, you are invited to an interview. It’s then down to your interview performance whether you receive an offer or not. No person who applies to dentistry is guaranteed a spot.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (38)
28.57%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (12)
9.02%
No I am happy with my choice (74)
55.64%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (9)
6.77%

Watched Threads