The Student Room Group

Trinity college Dublin accommodation advice

Hi,
I have applied to Trinity College for Sept 2021, so I applied to Trinity Hall because it’s the most popular accommodation for first years. I’m from the north so I assumed I would have a high chance of getting in because I don’t live near Dublin. However I got an email to let me know that my application had been unsuccessful.
I’ve applied to be added to the waitlist and so I was just wondering if anyone has any advice/experience of getting into the Halls after being waitlisted or if anyone would recommend any other accommodation available e.g. Kavanagh Court which I know is open to all years so I’m not sure about that one
Thanks in advance! :smile:
This seems to be a common issue this year. TCD seem to have had a huge increase in applications for this year.

I’d suggest investigating a backup option for your accommodation but don’t lose hope about Trinity Hall. All of the offers that have been made are based on the students getting first round CAO offers. If they don’t manage that the rooms are then available for someone else. Just keep in touch with the accommodation office to make sure you’re still in the running for any that do open up.

If you Google “student accommodation Dublin” you’ll see a number of options available, so have a look around. There’s also a TCD Reddit where you might be able to get additional help. I’ve seen some other similar issues mentioned there over the last few days.
Original post by magicmark1
This seems to be a common issue this year. TCD seem to have had a huge increase in applications for this year.

I’d suggest investigating a backup option for your accommodation but don’t lose hope about Trinity Hall. All of the offers that have been made are based on the students getting first round CAO offers. If they don’t manage that the rooms are then available for someone else. Just keep in touch with the accommodation office to make sure you’re still in the running for any that do open up.

If you Google “student accommodation Dublin” you’ll see a number of options available, so have a look around. There’s also a TCD Reddit where you might be able to get additional help. I’ve seen some other similar issues mentioned there over the last few days.

thanks so much for your reply, I checked out the Reddit and like you said it seems to be a common enough issue this year which takes away the nerves a good bit lol, thanks so much again! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest