The Student Room Group

Can 17 year old open bank account without an adult?

I've signed up for a Nationwide bank account and they need me to go into a branch and confirm my identity with documents, does anyone know if I'd (17yo) be able to give them that evidence without an adult present? Thank you!
Original post by alphabetsoup64
I've signed up for a Nationwide bank account and they need me to go into a branch and confirm my identity with documents, does anyone know if I'd (17yo) be able to give them that evidence without an adult present? Thank you!

Generally an Under 18 will need an adult because of thr address ID which most under 18s wont have but youd have to ask them regarding their own policies etc
Reply 2
Original post by Jack22031994
Generally an Under 18 will need an adult because of thr address ID which most under 18s wont have but youd have to ask them regarding their own policies etc

I had proof of address before I turned 18 -- things like a driving licence, bank statements, etc.

If Nationwide need OP to turn up with an adult, then they'd say that up front. If they haven't asked OP to turn up with an adult, then I think OP can assume an adult's presence isn't required.
Original post by martin7
I had proof of address before I turned 18 -- things like a driving licence, bank statements, etc.

If Nationwide need OP to turn up with an adult, then they'd say that up front. If they haven't asked OP to turn up with an adult, then I think OP can assume an adult's presence isn't required.

Oh yeah I work for a bank and just going off what we do thats all :h:

Quick Reply