Advice D at A Level and entering 2nd year university

Watch
boyiw
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi

So last year I had got my A Level grades given by teacher assessments. I obtained AAD. So I decided after results day I decided to retake the A Level I got a D in but 1 month before this retake I backed out due to giving up and the fact that I only had 2 months to revise which I thought wasn’t enough.

So I said to myself I would continue to start uni and study for my degree and a level at the same time but that didn’t happen, I didn’t touch the content but my degree is very similarly to the a level.

Now, looking back I believe this was the worst mistake of my life because of my stupid decision this would cost my chances of getting internships even if I got a high grade in my 1st year uni employers wouldn’t believe it.

So it has been in my head to maybe try one more time, and at least try get a C but this will cost at least £200 which I don’t care about money, I don’t want to go through it again though.

I believe after self-realisation that I can’t let this go and I need to fix my mistake even if it mean I fail again.
Because of this I feel very anxious making friends and think my life is a lie, and I was always a smart student and I feel disappointed when even I lie to people about this and try avoid when being asked.
Last edited by boyiw; 1 month ago
WazzWazz98
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Speak with careers to see how much of an impact that a level grade would have

I think it would just mean loss choice but not necessarily no choice at all

What degree are you doing op and what was the a level ?
boyiw
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Engineering a level was physics
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (18)
28.13%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (5)
7.81%
No I am happy with my choice (37)
57.81%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (4)
6.25%

Watched Threads