Never allowed out after 10pm

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello
I’m a girl with strict parents I never allowed to anything like party or go out with friends, I don’t know what to do as I’m also 21 and in university but my brother are allowed to do whatever they want and when I speak about it all they say is cause I’m a girl, I don’t know what to do
shooonthebeat
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just do it. You're old enough to make your own choices. Your parents might not agree with your decisions but at this point, they literally can't stop you. Strict parents result in more rebellious kids.
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Your 21, just move out.

I see posts like this a lot. You are an adult you have to take responsibility for your own life.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hello
I’m a girl with strict parents I never allowed to anything like party or go out with friends, I don’t know what to do as I’m also 21 and in university but my brother are allowed to do whatever they want and when I speak about it all they say is cause I’m a girl, I don’t know what to do
south asian I take it?
shooonthebeat
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ANM775)
south asian I take it?
A lot of South Asian parents are really strict like this, especially with girls. I don't agree with it at all like let your kids grow tf up ffs. I'm glad my parents are fairly chill and I get quite a bit of freedom as a South Asian at my age.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by shooonthebeat)
A lot of South Asian parents are really strict like this, especially with girls. I don't agree with it at all like let your kids grow tf up ffs. I'm glad my parents are fairly chill and I get quite a bit of freedom as a South Asian at my age.
english parents tend to be too lax
south asian parents tend to be too strict

imo.
shooonthebeat
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ANM775)
english parents tend to be too lax
south asian parents tend to be too strict

imo.
Yeah I agree. Lot of white kids grow up to be ********s because they didn't get beaten enough to learn their lessons 😂 but like you said yeah South Asian parents are too strict as well.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Hello
Heh Heh. Funny story, neither was I, and I still aren't, [then again, I aint your age, so yeah], but there is an element of social change.

If you do it once, sure your parents get mad af. Do it again, they'll get mad, but not as much. Eventually, you do it enough and they won't care
Happened to me too, my parents wouldn't let me out of the house without my older brother, then i was like PFFFT i don't need masculinity with me 24/7, and well, they're cool with it now (:
Mr T 999
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just sneak out and come back before your parants find out.
Nocare
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello
Move out
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Always trust what your gut instinct is telling you.
You have to put your health, personal safety, privacy and the future ambitions that you want to achieve first.

I understand some of how you are feeling.
When I lived at my parents home, I was never allowed out alone and subjected to a long list of unreasonable restrictions & bizarre rules.
So I got sneaky.
Plus studied hard and saved up as much as I could so that I would be able to finance alternative accomodation when I moved out for uni.
Things didn't work out exactly as I planned but I did escape and will never go back.
I hope that you will be able to enjoy your freedom, an adult's privacy and the life that you want very soon.
Good luck!
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
I'm more worried about the fact you still live with your parents at 21 and also think might be the reason why you aren't allowed out after 10pm. Act like a child get treated like one. I would be frustrated if I had my 21 year old daughter living at home. Also its not "21 year old girl" its, 21 year old woman
U.S.A
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello
I ponder if this is a troll..
Talon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Move out, or just go out without their permission. They can't keep you there, that would be illegal, and if they try you can phone the police. Of course they could also kick you out, but then they would have no influence on your life at all. Who will blink first?

The key to this strategy is the follow through. Always be prepared to follow through with your threats. Mine are deadly serious.
Last edited by Talon; 1 month ago
U.S.A
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Talon)
Move out, or just go out without their permission. They can't keep you there, that would be illegal, and if they try you can phone the police. Of course they could also kick you out, but then they would have no influence on your life at all. Who will blink first?

The key to this strategy is the follow through. Always be prepared to follow through with your threats. Mine are deadly serious.
The OP seems far fetched and incredible.

You give credence to this crap?
Last edited by U.S.A; 1 month ago
taxonomy.
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by U.S.A)
The OP seems far fetched and incredible.

You give credence to this crap?
the people on tsr are normally the bottom of society, deemed failures and shut away, to preserve the purity of the human race, i was once like this, until i evolved and found enlightenment.
when they read accounts of normal people neglected by others and asking for help, even if it is a troll, they flock towards this bogus complication, to satisfy their internal needs of belonging and purpose
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (49)
28.49%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (14)
8.14%
No I am happy with my choice (96)
55.81%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (13)
7.56%

Watched Threads