Is my relationship abusive or am I a snob?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Butterfly141)
My partner and I have been together a few years, I’m a nurse and currently studying for a mastersHe doesn’t work a job that is physically demanding like mine and has quite short hours for good money, his friends don’t work at all and constantly take drugs/alcohol, cheat on each other and live in quite toxic environmentsMy partner constantly tells me i’m a snob because I don’t want to be around this and my education has changed me for the worse, he wish he met me years ago before I became stuck up and judgmentalAm I wrong for not wanting to mix with these people? Before we met I was not under the impression his friends was like this, but slowly over the months, I have realised that none of them are a good influenced they are all genuinely nice people, but not good to be aroundHe calls me a control freak but I just think I have standards, I don’t understand what is so bad about not wanting to be around drugs or people who don’t want to work? They all have children and moan the government doesn’t give them enough money, but apparently i’m the bad one? Am I in an abusive relationship? Or am I really a snob? A lot of the time he flips the situation onto me and tells me I am in the wrong and can become verbally abusive and or smash things
He sounds abusive, get the heck out if you can. Eep!
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
My partner and I have been together a few years, I’m a nurse and currently studying for a mastersHe doesn’t work a job that is physically demanding like mine and has quite short hours for good money, his friends don’t work at all and constantly take drugs/alcohol, cheat on each other and live in quite toxic environmentsMy partner constantly tells me i’m a snob because I don’t want to be around this and my education has changed me for the worse, he wish he met me years ago before I became stuck up and judgmentalAm I wrong for not wanting to mix with these people? Before we met I was not under the impression his friends was like this, but slowly over the months, I have realised that none of them are a good influenced they are all genuinely nice people, but not good to be aroundHe calls me a control freak but I just think I have standards, I don’t understand what is so bad about not wanting to be around drugs or people who don’t want to work? They all have children and moan the government doesn’t give them enough money, but apparently i’m the bad one? Am I in an abusive relationship? Or am I really a snob? A lot of the time he flips the situation onto me and tells me I am in the wrong and can become verbally abusive and or smash things
You’re not wrong baby, if he cares for you he should care for you. So he should consider such things and the potential impacts.
WazzWazz98
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
At the very least he is a deadbeat and emotionally draining
Get out of there
kyungsoo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Verbal abuse and smashing things ? Get out of there.
Butterfly141
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by WazzWazz98)
At the very least he is a deadbeat and emotionally draining
Get out of there
Are you sure it’s just not in my head??
Butterfly141
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
You’re not wrong baby, if he cares for you he should care for you. So he should consider such things and the potential impacts.
thank you 💜
WazzWazz98
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Are you sure it’s just not in my head??
Nope
Why would anyone want to be around drug users and jeopardise their lives ?
Especially with your job you should stay well clear of these people
Butterfly141
Rep:
?
Thank you!! yes that’s my exact thoughts but he makes me feel as if i am judgmental and i’m the one with the problem - i’m so glad i’m not alone in these thoughts
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (30)
16.3%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (57)
30.98%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (21)
11.41%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (16)
8.7%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (9)
4.89%
I think it's an unfair expectation (48)
26.09%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed