what unis are good if you like living in a city?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
thoughts?
SlaveofAll
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The unis in London or Birmingham might be your best shot.
Max1989
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Uni's in Glasgow are quite good (Glasgow, Strathclyde, Caledonian). All in the heart of the city and Glasgow is quite good value to live in. I'm paying just over £100 a week in acomodation and 10 minutes walk from the city center. Good, short links to the coast and countryside aswell for when the city gets a bit much.

I can't recommend any of the welsh uni's.. Mabey Cardiff slightly... But its such a small city, nice but small...if it is good at whatever degree you are applying for then mabey consider it.
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
thoughts?
Hi!

I loved living in Portsmouth. The uni is a city campus, but everything is no more than a 10-minute walk away to get to uni buildings.
Shops, supermarkets, bars and restaurants are all 10 minutes away too from uni halls and buildings.
Portsmouth is also on the coast (an island itself) so great to chill along the beach.
There are also good transport links in and out of the city. It takes about 1 hour 30 minutes on the train to get to London.
Country walls are not too far either. They're about a 15-minute car journey from the halls.

I hope this helps!
Chloe - Official Student Rep
hungrysalamander
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
As said above find unis in big cities like London, Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool, Glasgow, Newcastle etc
UniofReading
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
thoughts?
Hey!

I personally love studying at Reading. Reading is a campus based uni so you get the student life feeling and you feel safe, but it's only about 10 minutes away from the city centre. It has 24/7 buses running between the campus and the city, so you never feel too far from the city, but you aren't constantly within the city. I found this really important to me, because it means I can go when I like, but I am not constantly there and I can get away from it.

Reading itself is fantastic to be in - it has so much going on and is really close to London - so this is a really good option if you want to live in London but can't really afford it. Reading is a good alternative.

Let me know if you have any questions, hope this help

Daisy
2nd year politics and international relations student
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (37)
15.61%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (72)
30.38%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (29)
12.24%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (20)
8.44%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (13)
5.49%
I think it's an unfair expectation (63)
26.58%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.27%

Watched Threads