What qualifications do u need for a software engineering apprenticeship?

Watch
ranveer_khanna
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hey. I am in yr 12 about to go into yr 13 and I am doing Maths, Physics and Economics (A-Levels). I really want to do a software engineering apprenticeship as soon as I leave sixth form as I love programming. I have been learning python for about 4 months now and I'm pretty good at it. What grades/qualifications would I need to get an apprenticeship?
Last edited by ranveer_khanna; 4 weeks ago
SlaveofAll
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Is this what you're looking for? (https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zk32gwx)
Mikle
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
All information you can find in google. I also recommend view github. Team Leverage IT by https://mlsdev.com/services/custom-software-development. IT infrastructure in the UK is world class. Hence, talented and experienced web developers in the country have access to multiple IT resources. Such a situation ensures that the team members are able to execute their skills and use the best available technology to develop and provide effective websites. Remote Development Team Assignments. In order for a web development company to develop websites of varying sizes and complexities, several different team members need to be deployed for the same project. A remote development team can help to divide the work load amongst several talented developers. This way, the professionals are not only able to complete the entire task in a timely manner but are also able to flex their creative muscles and provide the client with innovative products and solutions.
Last edited by Mikle; 4 weeks ago
Chris2892
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It depends and can vary on what the employer is looking for.

Any specific vacancy should inform you best. Even though you might not be ready to apply yet, it might be best to look them up now and gauge what they’re looking for.

You can also start working on how you can evidence the specific skill and traits they ask for. Specifically, for when you’re tuning your cv, writing an application form, or writing a cover letter.

I’d even look at enquiring for some work experience. Many big engineering firms have STEM outreach initiatives. My own company offers a 1 week live webinar insight into engineering research and development for young students. (Not software related)
Last edited by Chris2892; 4 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (73)
22.67%
Excited but a bit nervous (146)
45.34%
Not bothered either way (38)
11.8%
I'm really nervous (65)
20.19%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise