I have been Predicted BBC , could I make it to AAA for A-levels next year?

Watch
PhysicsGuy2
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Any advice? I’m prepared to work hard and study over the summer and next year- but I just feel kinda demoralised. And I’m also really nervous and panicking a little.
WazzWazz98
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Highly unlikely unless you retake a year op
Or you could do a foundation year at uni depending on your course ?
Ax Sleepy
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
U have truly been blessed if u were predicted BBC
From one BBC to another
N
D
L
Emmygus
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ofc, you have more than enough time between now and exams to study and get those grades it just means working harder and doing as many past papers as possible. If you mean to change your predicted grade then it may require allot of hard work over the summer and maybe your teachers will let you resit another paper to prove you are capable of those grades. I'd also really recommend using Anki for revising, really useful esp for subjects such as bio and may not be for you but using forest (the app) and study along to videos really helped me to concentrate, I've went from an e to a c and then recently got an a in a mock test in Biology (a year in between each) so definitely possible. Good luck!
amalie480
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It'd be unlikely but I don't think it'd be impossible.
sunshine774
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by PhysicsGuy2)
Any advice? I’m prepared to work hard and study over the summer and next year- but I just feel kinda demoralised. And I’m also really nervous and panicking a little.
you can do it if you consistently work hard and pinpoint why you have been currently getting BBC
mxxnal
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sure why not? If you know what you're bad at then find the best tecnhiques to improve.

If you ask a question like this on TSR people are bound to say 'nah, you're screwed' - and what's that going to do to your morale?
I've seen many people really slap themselves over predictions but who's to say you can't improve? If you want that AAA then you work for that AAA - this isn't some miracle fantasy land, you get what you work for.

You have a summer, spend it wisely. Look at your mocks and previous exams, look where you went wrong - strong points, weak points and buckle down over the next few weeks. A good routine, a chat with your parents about how you want the summer to go (so that they'll take your goals into consideration and be out of the way during summer!!! very important.) and be on your way.

Write down a list of distractions, delete the apps that keep you from working, give your distractions to your parents when you're working and just do it. Believe in yourself!!

Good luck xx
HM57
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah absolutely. Year 12s don't get amazing scores right at the start as they are still learning the course and managing the change from GCSE's. As you get closer and closer to exams as well as learning new content you will be refining your skills. You don't do a levels in year 12 for a reason lmao, you are meant to improve and if you put in the work you will!
tsukife
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
of course!
knight999
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
A thing that I would say to my younger self, don't let the teacher's grade predictions for you affect your beliefs of what you possibly can achieve if you put in the required effort.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (9)
47.37%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (2)
10.53%
No I am happy with my choice (8)
42.11%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (0)
0%

Watched Threads