Should I reconnect with an old online friend?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I once met this lad online on tinder. We chatted every day for like 6 months. But one day we had an argument and he stopped talking to me. That was like 2 years ago. I was just randomly going through my phone contacts and saw his number. Do you recon I should send him a text and if so what should I say?
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Context needed. Was the argument that severe that it made you stop talking for a whole 2 years? If so then better to leave that bridge burnt.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by CaptainDuckie)
Context needed. Was the argument that severe that it made you stop talking for a whole 2 years? If so then better to leave that bridge burnt.
I guess the argument was pretty bad at the time he said he didn't wanna speak to me again. But looking at the big picture it was literally over nothing and no harm was done.
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I guess the argument was pretty bad at the time he said he didn't wanna speak to me again. But looking at the big picture it was literally over nothing and no harm was done.

If he didn’t want to speak to you 2 years ago, I doubt he would want to speak now. It clearly meant something to him, if not you. If you messaged him, he would probably still have it at the back of his mind.
WazzWazz98
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You could message him but be prepared for rejection
Also you two only met online anyway
How well can you both have known each other ?
Anonymous #1
OK update: I reached out and got a bit of a conversation.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (57)
22.53%
Excited but a bit nervous (116)
45.85%
Not bothered either way (33)
13.04%
I'm really nervous (47)
18.58%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise