Revision

Watch this thread
Mouse17477
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey so I started revising gcse’s now and for the majority of year 9 (i’m still in year 9) i’ve been using the revision checklist to make my notes, but i’m wondering if i should keep using these or switch to the spec?

Attachment 1024250

username5789349
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
I'm in Year 9 too. Because it's the last year of KS3, I decided not to get KS3 textbooks, and instead find out the Exam boards my school uses for certain subjects (e.g AQA, Edexcel). I'm assuming the specs/textbooks for GCSE would also cover content from KS3 so I guess they would act as KS3 & KS4 textbooks? I had my science tests for Year 9 some time ago but I didn't use my revision checklist much that my teachers gave me as I preferred using Seneca and my notes from my textbooks.

I think after your Year 9 exams, you should then switch to the GCSE specs for the exam boards. For me, it was easy most of the time to ask my teachers about the exam board the subject department uses.

Don't know what else to say but yeah I guess use your notes or whatever you find useful in your revision

-14x14😊📚
Mouse17477
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by 14x14)
I'm in Year 9 too. Because it's the last year of KS3, I decided not to get KS3 textbooks, and instead find out the Exam boards my school uses for certain subjects (e.g AQA, Edexcel). I'm assuming the specs/textbooks for GCSE would also cover content from KS3 so I guess they would act as KS3 & KS4 textbooks? I had my science tests for Year 9 some time ago but I didn't use my revision checklist much that my teachers gave me as I preferred using Seneca and my notes from my textbooks.

I think after your Year 9 exams, you should then switch to the GCSE specs for the exam boards. For me, it was easy most of the time to ask my teachers about the exam board the subject department uses.

Don't know what else to say but yeah I guess use your notes or whatever you find useful in your revision

-14x14😊📚
I don’t think you understand that in Year 9 you are covering GCSE topics that will come up in your actual GCSE’s
ll ACR ll
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
teach yourself maths and maths only. Only go through what you have learnt so far in English and sciences (please be aware that there are some topics in year sciences that don't come up in GCSE sciences. For example, superposition doesn't come up in GCSE Physics. However isotopes come up in chemistry and physics. Definitely revise atom models if you have learnt them) .

https://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/gcse.html

https://mathsmadeeasy.co.uk/gcse-maths-revision
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (18)
31.03%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.93%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.45%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.17%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.9%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
12.07%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.72%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.72%

Watched Threads