The Student Room Group

Skincare whilst on Accutane?

I've been given the go ahead to start Roaccutane treatment by my derm, obviously the biggest side effect is dryness.

Because I've struggled with acne and oiliness for so long, all my skincare is currently tailored to that which I don't think would work well on dry, sensitive skin. There's loads of products out there for dry skin but it's not something I've ever needed before and looking through Boots it's slightly overwheming.

People who've used Roaccutane, what products worked well for you? I'm looking for cleanser and moisturiser mainly but any serums, oils or suncreams (currently use 50+ anyway) are welcome as well as any products that were good for dry eyes, nose and lips. Any other tips for being on it would be helpful too
Don't use anything. In fact how has your dermatologist not already told you this? Even after completion of the course you shouldn't use anything on your face aside from water due to the possibility of issues arising.
Original post by SomeWelshGuy123
Don't use anything. In fact how has your dermatologist not already told you this? Even after completion of the course you shouldn't use anything on your face aside from water due to the possibility of issues arising.

They kind of emphasized the need to keep skin/eyes/nose/lips hydrated due to dryness?
Original post by PollyParrot23
They kind of emphasized the need to keep skin/eyes/nose/lips hydrated due to dryness?

Yes, by which they mean using lip balm/vaseline. Do not use anything other than water anywhere else.
Use la roche posay cicaplast lip balm x

Quick Reply

Latest