Thoughts on men telling women not to wear makeup????

Watch
Ellabella43
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
What are your thoughts on men telling women not to wear makeup???
Justaboutalive
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Why should they.
shadymandy09
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There’s nothing wrong with wearing makeup, or with not wearing makeup. Cosmetics make some women feel empowered and confident, it’s a personal choice.. ''Don’t tell us how to look.''
sunnyside89
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If a guy prefers women who don’t wear makeup, there is nothing wrong with that, it's his opinion. People are allowed to have preferences, and speak on subjects that hold their interest.
But that’s not the same thing as commanding a person to look the way you want.
Prettyfrock
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No man would get away with telling me that
bundytapes90
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That’s fine. But you don’t get to dictate to other people how they should look.
DJFearRoss
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Primitive people.
Those people should go back to living in a cave.
Don't get me wrong, this still happens today and is very common in some countries where the man thinks he has a right to tell a woman what to wear.
I do believe that in most cases in the UK, if you tried that on a woman, everyone would laugh in your face.

https://www.pewresearch.org/wp-conte...othing1314.png
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not something that I appreciate.
Particularly if it involves yelled demands to wipe makeup off, is phrased in an accusatory way, insulting, includes any religious propaganda or modesty agenda rhetoric.
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That is not something that can be answered without a lot of clarification on your question.

Do you mean men telling women they don’t have to wear makeup
Or men telling women not to wear makeup
Or men demanding that women not wear makeup
Or men preferring that women didn’t wear makeup

And for all the above scenarios is it about a specific person (ie girlfriend/wife) or just women in general?
twinklelittlstar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
my body, my choices:bubbles:
ab0ne
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ellabella43)
What are your thoughts on men telling women not to wear makeup???
It's a red flag.

Bad behaviour from any guy, let your girlfriend be who she is and express herself in the way she wants.
DJFearRoss
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by GabiAbi84)
That is not something that can be answered without a lot of clarification on your question.

Do you mean men telling women they don’t have to wear makeup
Or men telling women not to wear makeup
Or men demanding that women not wear makeup
Or men preferring that women didn’t wear makeup

And for all the above scenarios is it about a specific person (ie girlfriend/wife) or just women in general?
The question: "What are your thoughts on men telling women not to wear makeup???"
So from your list that would be, "Or men telling women not to wear makeup"

Not too sure what difference it makes on the 'specific person'. Men don't own their wives, girlfriends, or women in general.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
I love her when she wears makeup. I love her when she doesn't. Something defo wrong with the guy if he's telling her to do or don't do it.
GabiAbi84
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by DJFearRoss)
The question: "What are your thoughts on men telling women not to wear makeup???"
So from your list that would be, "Or men telling women not to wear makeup"

Not too sure what difference it makes on the 'specific person'. Men don't own their wives, girlfriends, or women in general.
Didn’t say they did.

But it’s a very different scenario of a man telling his girlfriend that he thinks she looks prettier without makeup on than a man telling women in general that they shouldn’t wear makeup.

Or flip the tables it’s a very different situation of a random guy telling a random girl not to wear makeup than a husband telling his wife that she can’t.

For that matter it’s a different scenario again if it’s a man telling women not to wear makeup as it irritates the skin and therefore to have healthier skin they should avoid makeup.

The point I was making is that the very vagueness of the original question makes it very difficult to have an appropriate response.
It’s clearly meant to instigate a reaction of “how dare he” etc. But instead I would want to know the motives and the scenario.

Only the OP can clarify the situation in which they meant it to be asked.
Last edited by GabiAbi84; 1 month ago
shooonthebeat
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
They can have their own opinion like if they say they prefer women without makeup, that's fine as it's just their preference. However, they shouldn't be trying to pressure them into it. Women are free to make their own choices.
DJFearRoss
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
"But it’s a very different scenario of a man telling his girlfriend that he thinks she looks prettier without makeup on than a man telling women in general that they shouldn’t wear makeup."

But it’s a very different scenario of a man telling his girlfriend that he thinks she looks prettier without makeup on // Exactly, for a different question.
man telling women in general that they shouldn’t wear makeup. // Correct. They requested thoughts on this specifically.

It’s clearly meant to instigate a reaction // Yep, they asked for people's thoughts.

Only the OP can clarify the situation in which they meant it to be asked.// Thoughts on men telling women not to wear makeup?
urlocalinmate
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Man should leave man alone ygm.
GabiAbi84
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by DJFearRoss)
"But it’s a very different scenario of a man telling his girlfriend that he thinks she looks prettier without makeup on than a man telling women in general that they shouldn’t wear makeup."

But it’s a very different scenario of a man telling his girlfriend that he thinks she looks prettier without makeup on // Exactly, for a different question.
man telling women in general that they shouldn’t wear makeup. // Correct. They requested thoughts on this specifically.

It’s clearly meant to instigate a reaction // Yep, they asked for people's thoughts.

Only the OP can clarify the situation in which they meant it to be asked.// Thoughts on men telling women not to wear makeup?
Are you ignoring my point on purpose or do you actually not understand?

Not that it matters, like I said-it’s only the OP that can answer.
Last edited by GabiAbi84; 1 month ago
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No, but they are free to decide they're not interested in a girl because of the amount of make up she wears - either too much or too little.

I think most of the 15-25 year olds I see wearing makeup would look a lot more attractive without it but I would never volunteer that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (33)
29.73%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (10)
9.01%
No I am happy with my choice (61)
54.95%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (7)
6.31%

Watched Threads