Watch
username5775552
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Can I take A level photography??
the GCSEs I took were English Maths Sciences Geography French Business and P.E
As u can tell I have no art based subjects, although I do have an interest in photography I already have a decent camera, would be not doing art for GCSE hold me back in Photography??
Last edited by username5775552; 1 month ago
Elena.Valentina
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Wil902)
Can I take A level photography??
the GCSEs I took were nglish Maths Sciences Geography French Business and P.E
As u can tell I have no art based subjects, although I do have an interest in photography I already have a decent camera, would be not doing art for GCSE hold me back in Photograp
I'm in the same situation. Contact the sixth form/college and tell them about it. For APS I have to do a photography project and give it during enrollment, not sure if that's the case everywhere.
shooonthebeat
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You don't need an art based GCSE as far as I know. I did photography at A Level and didn't do art at GCSE. Although I only did it up to AS, not A2 because I failed my other subjects and moved on to do a level 3 instead.
username5775552
Rep:
?
(Original post by Elena.Valentina)
I'm in the same situation. Contact the sixth form/college and tell them about it. For APS I have to do a photography project and give it during enrollment, not sure if that's the case everywhere.
Hi thx for ur response it’s good to know that other people are in the same situation 😂
And I emailed the Photography teacher and he said he would happily have me on the course but I do need to go in and show him a few pictures I have taken 🙂
username5775552
Rep:
?
(Original post by shooonthebeat)
You don't need an art based GCSE as far as I know. I did photography at A Level and didn't do art at GCSE. Although I only did it up to AS, not A2 because I failed my other subjects and moved on to do a level 3 instead.
Thank you this put me at Ease abit, and good luck with ur exams 🙂
shooonthebeat
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Wil902)
Thank you this put me at Ease abit, and good luck with ur exams 🙂
No problem, hope you figure it out! I just finished second year at uni so I'm on a long break 😃
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (46)
15.03%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (98)
32.03%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (38)
12.42%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (26)
8.5%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (17)
5.56%
I think it's an unfair expectation (78)
25.49%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
0.98%

Watched Threads