The Student Room Group

A Level History

Hey, would anyone have any advice on how to study edexcel a level history (Germany & Italy) or any resources please as my mocks are next week and I'm very nervous because I need an A! Thanks :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
I recommend using flashcards to learn content, a little bit of information on each one. I ended up having lots of flashcards with little bits of info on each one, it made it easier to learn. You don't need to remember the entire bulky textbook but you do need enough to effectively answer questions. also use practice questions which can be found in past papers on the exam boards website and if you have access to it the textbook and revision guides. Sometimes just plan them to make sure you have enough knowledge to be able to answer questions but sometimes it'll be beneficial to actually write them to help you with timings. Don't forget to practice understanding and doing source questions as they make up 40 marks across the two papers.
Hopefully that helps :smile:
Best of luck for your mocks, you've got this :dumbells:
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by fish finger fan
I recommend using flashcards to learn content, a little bit of information on each one. I ended up having lots of flashcards with little bits of info on each one, it made it easier to learn. You don't need to remember the entire bulky textbook but you do need enough to effectively answer questions. also use practice questions which can be found in past papers on the exam boards website and if you have access to it the textbook and revision guides. Sometimes just plan them to make sure you have enough knowledge to be able to answer questions but sometimes it'll be beneficial to actually write them to help you with timings. Don't forget to practice understanding and doing source questions as they make up 40 marks across the two papers.
Hopefully that helps :smile:
Best of luck for your mocks, you've got this :dumbells:

Thank you very much!! I do find it hard to condense info sometimes though bc I worry I'll miss something heheh. I'm definitely about to start planning some essays. I hope I have!! Also I love your name :biggrin:
Original post by anonnx
Thank you very much!! I do find it hard to condense info sometimes though bc I worry I'll miss something heheh. I'm definitely about to start planning some essays. I hope I have!! Also I love your name :biggrin:

Yeah I struggled with that too but once I’d got the hang of it I was ok. Whilst it’s vital to remember content, just writing all the textbook out will not get all the marks, it’s the analysis which is key for the higher marks. Yeah I found essay planning really helpful. Thank you :smile: can’t beat some good fish fingers.
Good luck with your mock, If you need anymore help feel free to ask :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by fish finger fan
Yeah I struggled with that too but once I’d got the hang of it I was ok. Whilst it’s vital to remember content, just writing all the textbook out will not get all the marks, it’s the analysis which is key for the higher marks. Yeah I found essay planning really helpful. Thank you :smile: can’t beat some good fish fingers.
Good luck with your mock, If you need anymore help feel free to ask :smile:

Thank you for your advice, I ended up getting an A* when I thought I had messed it up!! The essay planning and focus on analysis was a massive help :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by anonnx
Thank you for your advice, I ended up getting an A* when I thought I had messed it up!! The essay planning and focus on analysis was a massive help :smile:

Wow that’s really impressive, you should be very proud of yourself well done :smile: I’m very glad to hear it helped

Quick Reply