anonnx
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey, as I have just asked for history, I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on how to get an A* in my psychology mocks as I am on track but really need to get that grade. Thanks
Vetofferholder1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey! I’ve just finished year 13 and am aiming/ on track for an A* (with my final exam grades). The best advice I can give, is really know your researchers and A03… that’s what separates the A* students from the rest, is being able to evaluate in depth and evaluate the evaluation eg if you mention an animal study, talk about why that’s an issue and if possible use other research to back up the fact the animal study means it’s inaccurate or contrast it saying it’s accurate.
A good example of this is with early attachment and it’s influence- use Harlow to support then criticise Harlow saying it’s an animal study then use Quinton to say although it’s an animal study, studies using humans back up the findings anyway.
This skill does take practise and I didn’t fully get it until mid to end of year 13!
anonnx
Rep:
?
(Original post by Vetofferholder1)
Hey! I’ve just finished year 13 and am aiming/ on track for an A* (with my final exam grades). The best advice I can give, is really know your researchers and A03… that’s what separates the A* students from the rest, is being able to evaluate in depth and evaluate the evaluation eg if you mention an animal study, talk about why that’s an issue and if possible use other research to back up the fact the animal study means it’s inaccurate or contrast it saying it’s accurate.
A good example of this is with early attachment and it’s influence- use Harlow to support then criticise Harlow saying it’s an animal study then use Quinton to say although it’s an animal study, studies using humans back up the findings anyway.
This skill does take practise and I didn’t fully get it until mid to end of year 13!
Thank you so much, I'll try my best to remember this!! I hope (and bet) your exams went brilliantly I'm almost excited for year 13 because I've hated year 12 so much :/
SB1234567890
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've also just finished year 13 and am hoping for an A*. We were always told that those who get top grades are flexible with their knowledge, for example, Harlow's findings that monkeys chose comfort over food can be used as a weakness for the social learning theory of attachments and with a change in the example, cultural relativism can be used an evaluation for all definitions of abnormality. This will reduce the content that you have to learn so you can go over and remember better the remaining content.
In terms of revision methods, I created quizlets, with one card for the outline of each topic and another for the evaluation points then created proper flashcards in red pen (increases alertness so more likely to be remembered) on areas that I was struggling to remember. Also, make sure you go over research methods regularly and not just when revising paper 2 (I found past papers and textbook questions to be best for practising the style of research methods questioning)

Hope this helps
anonnx
Rep:
?
(Original post by SB1234567890)
I've also just finished year 13 and am hoping for an A*. We were always told that those who get top grades are flexible with their knowledge, for example, Harlow's findings that monkeys chose comfort over food can be used as a weakness for the social learning theory of attachments and with a change in the example, cultural relativism can be used an evaluation for all definitions of abnormality. This will reduce the content that you have to learn so you can go over and remember better the remaining content.
In terms of revision methods, I created quizlets, with one card for the outline of each topic and another for the evaluation points then created proper flashcards in red pen (increases alertness so more likely to be remembered) on areas that I was struggling to remember. Also, make sure you go over research methods regularly and not just when revising paper 2 (I found past papers and textbook questions to be best for practising the style of research methods questioning)

Hope this helps
Wow this is brilliant thank you so much! I will definitely steal your revision methods
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (46)
15.03%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (98)
32.03%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (38)
12.42%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (26)
8.5%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (17)
5.56%
I think it's an unfair expectation (78)
25.49%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
0.98%

Watched Threads