Describe how MRNA is formed by transcription in eukaryotesWatch this thread
1) DNA helicase breaks the hydrogen bonds between the DNA helix
2) RNA nucleotides base pair (by forming temporary hydrogen bonds) with the exposed DNA template strand
3) RNA polymerase forms phosphodiester bonds between adjacent RNA nucleotides
4) RNA polymerase moves along the DNA rewinding the DNA as it moves along
5) Transcription produces pre-mRNA; which has to be spliced (removal of non coding regions called introns) to form mRNA.