The Student Room Group

Graduate entry medicine , is it too late for me ?

Hi,

I want to do graduate entry medicine but have no experience related to healthcare as I’m an accountant

Is it too late to apply for 2022 entry ? I will need to get experience for my application which will probably be due in October , and I don’t think I’d get enough
Applications for 2022 entry do not open until later this year. The deadline for those should normally be October 15th, although I don't know if it's been extended as it was last year due to the covid situation.

Said covid situation is affecting all applicants for graduate and undergraduate entry medicine however; this year I think most medical schools suspended their requirements for work experience, and it may be the case for the coming year too. I would recommend you check on the individual medical schools' websites to see what they say about that. There are some online work experience options available as well (I think BSMS is running one, although I believe there are a couple others too) which would be worth exploring too.

Since you wouldn't realistically be able to get in-person experience currently anyway in all likelihood, I think provided you check the guidance from the medical schools you plan to apply to and explore online work experience options, you are doing everything you can do in the current situation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending