The Student Room Group

dvla provisional license

so i sent my application for my provisional around 3-4 weeks ago. i know it arrived a few days later from when i sent it because i tracked it and i uses first class. but on the dvla website, the tracker says "In Progress: Awaiting Application Return Form", but they already got it weeks ago??
The tracker doesn’t update until they send the license off apparently, it’s a 6-8 week wait at the moment for your provisional
Original post by stressingrn
so i sent my application for my provisional around 3-4 weeks ago. i know it arrived a few days later from when i sent it because i tracked it and i uses first class. but on the dvla website, the tracker says "In Progress: Awaiting Application Return Form", but they already got it weeks ago??

it might have something to do with the strike thats going on? although thats just speculation, but it could be a lack of people monitoring the website. 700 workers are standing their ground currently over a lack of care for safety regulations by management i believe.
Original post by global_astro
it might have something to do with the strike thats going on? although thats just speculation, but it could be a lack of people monitoring the website. 700 workers are standing their ground currently over a lack of care for safety regulations by management i believe.

From what I’ve seen from the DVLA on Twitter they just don’t update the application tracker since 2015 at least https://twitter.com/DVLAgovuk/status/676691904696717312

Ahhh does the strike mean application are taking even longer, I’m 18 and have no photo ID. I’m really struggling to get a job etc without it
Original post by Hellllpppp
From what I’ve seen from the DVLA on Twitter they just don’t update the application tracker since 2015 at least https://twitter.com/DVLAgovuk/status/676691904696717312

Ahhh does the strike mean application are taking even longer, I’m 18 and have no photo ID. I’m really struggling to get a job etc without it

ohh i see, thanks for correcting me then! but yeah, i assume it's probably gonna take longer at this point. i sent off my provisional license application two days ago and got an email saying it should be sent by 2 weeks, but my mom had a meeting with a driving instructor yesterday who said it's likely it could be pushed back a couple more weeks. again, this is just an expectation so it might not effect everyone or even happen. i hope everything goes well for you though!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending