is sleeping 6 hours day enough?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
so a few weeks ago when lockdown eased, my school went back from starting at 8:30, which u need to be in form early. usually my lesson were late in the day so i slept like 10-12 hours, but for the past few weeks i've been sleeping 6 hours (12am -6am), i cant go sleep any earlier.
6 hours of sleep is perfectly fine for me, i think its the perfect amount (3-4 sleep cycles i think) so in the morning i'm not tired at all.
but i'm wondering if long term this will have a bad effect? bcuz i know your meant to sleep 8-12 hours
hxnnxh_13.11.06
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I think it really depends on what you think is best for you. I can easily do 3hrs but it also depends on your age. If you feel okay with 6hrs, then I think that it should be okay
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It is different for everyone. I sleep six hours on average, sometimes even seven. That the amount of time I need to get fit for the next day. More than eight and I am dizzy the most time of the day.
Justaboutalive
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I need like 9-10 hours of sleep, any less and I feel groggy, any more and i waste the day away.
But I barely get 9 hours so i opt for all nighters instead to keep me awake.
agent37
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
From a logical point of view, I would say yes because it's more than enough to function
From a health point of view, if you're under eighteen, you should sleep at least eight hours for your brain to properly develop
From a personal point of view, yes but only if it isn't every day. Personally, I can stay afloat with four hours but any more than three days in a row, I will feel kind of foggy but eleven hours feels like heaven in the holidays.

I would say that sleeping six hours consecutively isn't fantastic for you and you should sleep more on average or try to raise the average.
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by hxnnxh_13.11.06)
I think it really depends on what you think is best for you. I can easily do 3hrs but it also depends on your age. If you feel okay with 6hrs, then I think that it should be okay
Three hours is even too short for the persistent nocturnal partier. One night is not a thing, but not permanently.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (15)
6.02%
Uncertainty around my education (28)
11.24%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (29)
11.65%
Lack of purpose or motivation (37)
14.86%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (15)
6.02%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (8)
3.21%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (23)
9.24%
Financial worries (16)
6.43%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (8)
3.21%
Exposure to negative news/social media (17)
6.83%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (6)
2.41%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (30)
12.05%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (17)
6.83%

Watched Threads