The Student Room Group

flatmate regret

So I'm quite annoyed with myself because my flatmate has left for the summer today. THey, unknowingly, really helped me this year with my mental health struggles so I'm really grateful to them. But I just wasn't comfortable opening up to them and now they've left and I'm not sure what to do.

as I feel as though this isn't something I can really text to someone, I feel I've missed my chance. Any suggestions would be helpful
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
So I'm quite annoyed with myself because my flatmate has left for the summer today. THey, unknowingly, really helped me this year with my mental health struggles so I'm really grateful to them. But I just wasn't comfortable opening up to them and now they've left and I'm not sure what to do.

as I feel as though this isn't something I can really text to someone, I feel I've missed my chance. Any suggestions would be helpful

Heyy,
Hope you are doing well.xx
I guess my suggestions would be to:
1.Get a dairy and write down every single worry and all your feelings down. This helps me because it feels like I'm talking to someone without actually talking to someone.
2.Watch non-triggering TV shows/Movies. You know like "kids shows" or childhood movies/shows or you could type in google what are movies or shows that wont trigger... or just vines/vine energy tik tok there is bound to be one that can cheer anyone up on a bad day : )
3.On the topic of shows, I really like sermons. You could watch ones on the issues you are struggling with. I really like 'Pastor Vlad'/ 'Rietro C-Magnify The love-they do really cute animations or just testimonies of people overcoming things you are struggling with now. If you aren't Christian/ Religious. It may be a bit new/ too much. so I recommend watching a girl called Elodie Christina on youtube especially her testimony she is around 18/19 so she may have relatable struggles.
4. You could talk to strangers online. They dont know you so they " can't really judge you." Buuut I would be careful because you dont know what some people are like. I mean you could DM if these tips aren't really hittin or they aren't making sense. : )
5. Lastly I know you said there isn't anyone who you can talk to, but you are more valued, loved and appreciated then you may think. (wink face) xx
*Also be active, go for a walk/bike ride/swimming?/dancing/ painting/ Playing and instrument etc
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous

Is there anyone else in your life that you can talk to?

Quick Reply

Latest