can i do psychology after dropping it for a year of another course?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
essentially, i did psychology at a uni and dropped it at the end of first year (still passed it, so i have 120 credits worth of it). i decided to do nursing at another uni and i've just done my first placement and i don't want to continue, but i also don't want to not have a degree at all. the psychology course at this uni looks relatively similar to the one at the first uni, is it worth asking if i can change to it?
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
essentially, i did psychology at a uni and dropped it at the end of first year (still passed it, so i have 120 credits worth of it). i decided to do nursing at another uni and i've just done my first placement and i don't want to continue, but i also don't want to not have a degree at all. the psychology course at this uni looks relatively similar to the one at the first uni, is it worth asking if i can change to it?
No harms in asking, but they may need to compare your 120 credits with the modules in the first year of their psychology course.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
No harms in asking, but they may need to compare your 120 credits with the modules in the first year of their psychology course.
they don't really list the modules on their website, just briefly explain what first year is? whereas at the other uni ti has a clear list. it's really weird. this is all it says for the whole of year one:

The overall aim of the module is to provide you with an introduction to psychological theory and research, with a focus on how this knowledge is used and applied within the ‘real world’. Lectures and seminars will be organised into six key themes - exploring learning, explaining behaviour, researching social interaction, questioning reality, understanding yourself and applications of psychology. Each theme will be team-taught across a 3-week block, with a selection of lectures from a range of perspectives in psychological science. Adopting this integrative approach, you will be able to see how each curriculum area within psychology contributes to our knowledge and understanding of human behaviour.
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
they don't really list the modules on their website, just briefly explain what first year is? whereas at the other uni ti has a clear list. it's really weird. this is all it says for the whole of year one:

The overall aim of the module is to provide you with an introduction to psychological theory and research, with a focus on how this knowledge is used and applied within the ‘real world’. Lectures and seminars will be organised into six key themes - exploring learning, explaining behaviour, researching social interaction, questioning reality, understanding yourself and applications of psychology. Each theme will be team-taught across a 3-week block, with a selection of lectures from a range of perspectives in psychological science. Adopting this integrative approach, you will be able to see how each curriculum area within psychology contributes to our knowledge and understanding of human behaviour.
In that case, they may contact your university direct, or may ask you to get a transcript for your first year (if you haven't got one already).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (48)
5.94%
Uncertainty around my education (92)
11.39%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (83)
10.27%
Lack of purpose or motivation (103)
12.75%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (40)
4.95%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (45)
5.57%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (89)
11.01%
Financial worries (54)
6.68%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (37)
4.58%
Exposure to negative news/social media (51)
6.31%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (25)
3.09%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (77)
9.53%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (64)
7.92%

Watched Threads