EllieKing2004
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I have my Year 12 end-of-year exams coming up. My Politics exam is going to consist of a 30min ideology essay, a 45min source essay and a 45min essay. My History exam is going to be 2 45min essays and a 60min extract essay. I don't even know how I am going to be able to cope just writing essays back to back like that. It is writing for 2 hours straight or 2hr 30mins straight and I know it is just going to hurt my hands and it is going to be exhausting. Does anyone have any tips on how to make these sort of exams with 3 essays in them not such a dull and tiring experience.
Last edited by EllieKing2004; 4 weeks ago
Jen O
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by EllieKing2004)
I have my Year 12 end-of-year exams coming up. My Politics exam is going to consist of a 30min ideology essay, a 45min source essay and a 45min essay. My History exam is going to be 2 45min essays and a 60min extract essay. I don't even know how I am going to be able to cope just writing essays back to back like that. It is writing for 2 hours straight or 2hr 30mins straight and I know it is just going to hurt my hands and it is going to be exhausting. Does anyone have any tips on how to make these sort of exams with 3 essays in them not such a dull and tiring experience.
Heyy,
I only did politics so I may be able to help you there. But, for me personally I feel like.. 1. The adrenalin will kept me awake.
2.The consequence of not trying my best= not seeing what my true potential could be.
3.Plan out all your point/paragraphs before, so even if you get bored or tired you have a plan to check off that you have written what you need to.
4.If the questions are interesting, it wont be so tiring. I know the last tip may not be as useful because you wont know the question, but it does help if you loveee the subject. Also try not to press to hard when you write so your hand/fingers don't hurt as much. And time really does flyyyyy so much during some exams. *Planning in detailll really helps me personally. Good luck on your exams xx
ughexams123
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Honestly, no one loves exams. I do English Lit and History and they're great but writing for 3 hours straight is never fun. Just make sure you know the content and can get started as soon as possible. The time really does fly in those exams, they give you hours for a reason!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (44)
5.8%
Uncertainty around my education (88)
11.61%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (80)
10.55%
Lack of purpose or motivation (97)
12.8%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (39)
5.15%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (43)
5.67%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (82)
10.82%
Financial worries (51)
6.73%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (32)
4.22%
Exposure to negative news/social media (47)
6.2%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (24)
3.17%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (72)
9.5%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (59)
7.78%

Watched Threads