Josiegotswag
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
French or Psychology a-level? I think I’ve already asked this question but I’m going to ask it again and word it differently lol. Basically I am either thinking of taking chemistry, biology and psychology or chemistry, biology and french. I think chemistry and biology would be quite difficult for me and I want to ensure that I can do as best I can for them. I am amazing at french and predicted like a 9 at GCSE. I find languages really easy and it would definitely be less of a challenge for me than psychology. On top of that, psychology seems a bit pretentious to me, I don’t know why but when I was doing some work for the entry assignment thing for psychology I just didn’t really enjoy it. However, I feel like chem,bio and psychology fits in great together and that psychology opens me up to a lot more job opportunities than French. What do I take?
CatInTheCorner
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Josiegotswag)
French or Psychology a-level? I think I’ve already asked this question but I’m going to ask it again and word it differently lol. Basically I am either thinking of taking chemistry, biology and psychology or chemistry, biology and french. I think chemistry and biology would be quite difficult for me and I want to ensure that I can do as best I can for them. I am amazing at french and predicted like a 9 at GCSE. I find languages really easy and it would definitely be less of a challenge for me than psychology. On top of that, psychology seems a bit pretentious to me, I don’t know why but when I was doing some work for the entry assignment thing for psychology I just didn’t really enjoy it. However, I feel like chem,bio and psychology fits in great together and that psychology opens me up to a lot more job opportunities than French. What do I take?
psychology takes a lot of memorisation, it's a content heavy A-level. Do not do it if you do not like it. Are you keen on bio and chem? I do them, and love them both, but chemistry is a nightmare. Bio, chem and psych is a heavy load.
Josiegotswag
Rep:
?
(Original post by CatInTheCorner)
psychology takes a lot of memorisation, it's a content heavy A-level. Do not do it if you do not like it. Are you keen on bio and chem? I do them, and love them both, but chemistry is a nightmare. Bio, chem and psych is a heavy load.
You are right, it doesn’t interest me at all. I am extremely keen to do biology and I feel that getting a job within that field would probably require chemistry. I don’t mind chemistry and I’m pretty good at it. I got a 7 in my year 11 mocks from literally just teaching myself because my chemistry teacher is terrible lol.
CatInTheCorner
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You are right, it doesn’t interest me at all. I am extremely keen to do biology and I feel that getting a job within that field would probably require chemistry. I don’t mind chemistry and I’m pretty good at it. I got a 7 in my year 11 mocks from literally just teaching myself because my chemistry teacher is terrible lol.
I think chemistry is often needed, but there are always ways around not having a subject, so don't take a hard a-level just for that. Check uni websites. Don't do psych then. Do a bio degree, I think that needs bio, chem, and something else
who.is.joe
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
French because if you're good at learning languages and you were predicted a high grade then do that. There's so many opportunities that come with learning a new language and especially when you've got an a-level in it.
Josiegotswag
Rep:
?
(Original post by CatInTheCorner)
I think chemistry is often needed, but there are always ways around not having a subject, so don't take a hard a-level just for that. Check uni websites. Don't do psych then. Do a bio degree, I think that needs bio, chem, and something else
That sounds great, thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (40)
27.4%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (12)
8.22%
No I am happy with my choice (84)
57.53%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (10)
6.85%

Watched Threads