i have bad anxlety, but too anxious to get help

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
so i've had really bad social anxlety my entire life and i'm so sick and tired of it. I do not have a diagnosis, but i feel like social anxlety is something u can tell that you have.
whenever i tell people, they tell me to go see a therapist like it's so easy. the thing that people don't understand is that i'm TOO ANXIOUS to go see a therapist. i can't even talk to ppl regularly, how do u think i'm gonna go to my gp and ask for help??
i'm so sick of everyone telling people with bad social anxlety to go see a therapist, the entire point is that i can barely leave my house somedays because i have panic attacks of people seeing me. i feel like nobody even understands how social anxlety even works. i cant see a therapist, i cant even tell my parents about it.
i wanna know if anyone has other tips that can help, or if anyone else is going through the same thing
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
so i've had really bad social anxlety my entire life and i'm so sick and tired of it. I do not have a diagnosis, but i feel like social anxlety is something u can tell that you have.
whenever i tell people, they tell me to go see a therapist like it's so easy. the thing that people don't understand is that i'm TOO ANXIOUS to go see a therapist. i can't even talk to ppl regularly, how do u think i'm gonna go to my gp and ask for help??
i'm so sick of everyone telling people with bad social anxlety to go see a therapist, the entire point is that i can barely leave my house somedays because i have panic attacks of people seeing me. i feel like nobody even understands how social anxlety even works. i cant see a therapist, i cant even tell my parents about it.
i wanna know if anyone has other tips that can help, or if anyone else is going through the same thing
How old are you?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Kerzen)
How old are you?
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
That means that you could contact Childline, if you wished. It could be the start of feeling a lot better.

https://www.childline.org.uk/get-support/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (71)
22.98%
Excited but a bit nervous (137)
44.34%
Not bothered either way (37)
11.97%
I'm really nervous (64)
20.71%

Watched Threads