proof of income - parents living abroad

Watch this thread
mariabinieda
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Hiya, so i’m a EU national living in the UK under the settled status (applying to uni as a UK national) along with my mum. I’m going into year 13, so I’ve been reading about sf and have questions.

When I go to university, my mum will be moving back to our home country and I’m not sure how this will affect my applications for student finance?

Especially her proof of household income etc as the document will be foreign when she gets a new job there? Will they be accepted? Is there any restriction on this? Things I should know?

Has anyone been in a similar situation? or know how to ask an sf advisor?

Thank you x
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 months ago
Sfe ask for income information from a previous year. So for 2022/23 academic year they will look at income from the 2020/21 tax year (which finished in April 2021). So if your mum hasn’t moved out of the UK yet then her income assessment will be from her UK work for the first year or two of your course.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (68)
16.11%
The paper was reasonable (206)
48.82%
Not feeling great about that exam... (102)
24.17%
It was TERRIBLE (46)
10.9%

Watched Threads